The Student Room Group

Do you get offers during the holidays?

I've already got my offers but I was just curious as some of my friends haven't yet. Could they get offers during the next two weeks (Christmas holidays)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em211997
I've already got my offers but I was just curious as some of my friends haven't yet. Could they get offers during the next two weeks (Christmas holidays)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, perfectly possible. Universities don't close down for two weeks and nor does Ucas.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Yes, perfectly possible. Universities don't close down for two weeks and nor does Ucas.

But arent university staff away for the holidays?
Reply 3
My friend got one today so yeah
Original post by em211997
But arent university staff away for the holidays?

Admissions staff are often working part of the holidays unless they are taking leave. Academic staff can use this time to catch up on paperwork such as working through the backlog of applications.
Reply 5
i got 2 offers during the holidays last year: one 2 days before christmas day and another 3 days before new years day
I got one last night, so yes it is possible.
Some Uni's have closed though.

York's admissions is closed until January the bloody 5th.
Universities close for the Christmas holidays. It is called 'Christmas Closedown'.
Most will have closed on 23 Dec and won't re-open until Monday 5 January.

Offers entered at Universities yesterday (23 Dec) will have gone onto Track this morning. University staff won't be at their desks to enter any more offers until early January.

So stop looking - and enjoy Christmas.
Original post by ageshallnot

Some universities are closed - my old uni shuts from 25 th Dec - 4th Jan, and all but a few staff (eg skeleton security) have compulsory annual leave then, with a lot choosing to take more leave in the days before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Ucas are open and they say track updates but if unis are closed I can't see offers coming thru...so why are ucas open again on Monday if unis closed....mmmm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
My uni closes entirely between Christmas Eve and New Year. The only exceptions are the 24 hour Open Access room and a skeleton IT Support staff. You wouldn't get an offer from that one and I suspect that many unis are the same.

I'd stop worrying about it for the moment. If you get an offer that's great, but don't expect any further progress until the New Year.
Original post by Bluebells60
Ucas are open and they say track updates but if unis are closed I can't see offers coming thru...so why are ucas open again on Monday if unis closed....mmmm

To sort out the whole range of other issues applicants have - and to prepare for the close of First Applications on 15 January and the usual last minute rush of applications. Or did you think the fairies did all of that?
Reply 13
Happy Xmas to u too grumpy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tgwktm
i got 2 offers during the holidays last year: one 2 days before christmas day and another 3 days before new years day
which Unis were these?
Original post by econsheff
which Unis were these?

This thread is 4 years old so the answers may not even be relevant today.

You are unlikely to see any Track status updates until at least the 2nd.
Reply 16
Original post by Admit-One
This thread is 4 years old so the answers may not even be relevant today.

You are unlikely to see any Track status updates until at least the 2nd.

Hi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending