The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
why have you
Reply 2
lol, someone's paranoid!

Most people are in the process of sending off applications, so probably not. But from what I've heard, manchester are quick at going through applicants, so there may be a few.

When did you send off your application, if you've already been called for an interview? My reference is still being written!
Reply 3
How fast are unis like Aston or King's?
Reply 4
I don't know anyone who's recieved offers from aston or kings yet. I think they wait to see the standard of applicants they get first before making decisions, or was that another uni? Double check in case I'm wrong.

Either way, some take up to 6 weeks to process applications.
Reply 5
mmm I can imagine, lol imagine if it were UCAS that took 6 weeks to process applications! It feel like that, I think Nottingham are quick with their replies....
Reply 6
I've been called to interview at Manchester on 1st Nov.
I'm pretty nervous as its the first interview I've had.
They were pretty quick in replying - my application was sent off to UCAS on 10th Oct and I had received the letter from Manchester by 21st.
Good luck to everyone applying for Pharmacy.
Reply 7
petrolhead

Thanks. I'm starting to think I'll need it more than ever now- as my reference is nowhere near begun by the sounds of it. I'm sure your interview will go fine- just go over what you're gonna say, so you don't sound as nervous on the day.
Reply 8
petrolhead
They were pretty quick in replying - my application was sent off to UCAS on 10th Oct and I had received the letter from Manchester by 21st.

wow, congrat!:smile: Don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine at the interview. I am unsure about manchester but most interviews for pharmacy are quite laid back.
Apparantly, manchester had to get you to write about a drug that was in the news recently and what parts of the subjects you are taking you enjoy the most and why....this was last years process anyway.

I'm still waiting to hear from some of them. I don't know how long it takes them just to say that they've at least received my application
Reply 10
Where do you find out about which drugs have been in the news recently?
Reply 11
You could discuss drugs that you've read about from books or from pjonline. The best option to be really prepared is to look at medicinal drugs and look at recent drug discoveries....
I have been told that Nottingham give you a molecule and ask you to identify functional groups or ask you to suggest what part of a molecule gives rise to certain pharmacological activity - (unlikely imo), I think they are going to ask more general questions like what drugs have you read about? or they'll ask questions based on your ps.
Reply 12
Ok, yeah spot the functional group seems the most likely.
Reply 13
Yeh exactly. I mean, they can't ask questions that are too specific academically, I think they'll b ok. Besides some unis for pharmacy don't do interviews like Aston, king's, lsop...
Reply 14
lsop are doing interviews this year....
Reply 15
malfoy
why have you

because he's good:smile:
petrolhead

:eek: so have I! :biggrin:

petrolhead
Good luck to everyone applying for Pharmacy

:eek: Same here! Actually it was the 11th, but close enough :p:
RyanY
Yeh exactly. I mean, they can't ask questions that are too specific academically, I think they'll b ok. Besides some unis for pharmacy don't do interviews like Aston, king's, lsop...

Are you sure?
Reply 18
No - lol. I think they operate by the 'some candidates may be requested to attend an interview' scheme. Double check.
RyanY
No - lol. I think they operate by the 'some candidates may be requested to attend an interview' scheme. Double check.

Ah right :p: :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending