The Student Room Group

Is sex compulsory in relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sex should not be a priory in a serious relationship. I know a lot of people that have waited for a long time. but I definitely do not think sex weakens relationship instead it makes the bond you have more intimate and special.
Reply 21
Original post by milandhimal

In my view, after the sex, the bonding between them is weak. In developed country after a week of relation they are engaged in sex. WTF :/ . They dont respect eachother after all. They dont love eachother, they love their organ -_-

I don't think it's compulsory. And although I am saving myself until marriage, I don't agree that all relationships become all about sex after you've done it. If anything, according to science, their bond should get even tighter because of oxytocin. If you really love each other, that doesn't disappear after you've engaged in sexual activities.
Not at all, although it's important that both parties are happy with that.
Reply 23
Original post by JC.
OP is implying somehow developing countries don't bother with sex?

In actual fact that's all they have got. They don't own anything worth bugger all. There's no where to go to do something fun and even if there was, they cannot afford to pay for such activities.

All they've got to do to keep themselves entertained is **** like rabbits. That's why they have so many kids despite not being able to afford to feed them.

:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheLama
Well I'm not sure about that, the UK and USA are one of the most developed but this is only because they have sucked the lifeblood out of almost every other country lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally I don't think of the UK as developed at all but that's just my opinion.
Original post by Ekemini
No its not. Some have nice and exciting relationships excluding sex

yeah they're called friendships
Original post by Jebedee
Personally I don't think of the UK as developed at all but that's just my opinion.

:lol: please elaborate
Ofc it should.

Sex without intimacy would be boring.

But I would do it periodically, and do it at the right time. No forcing or anything like that.

Only do it on special events, because really when you have a relationship, you should never forget that while sex does deepen bonds, it is also your friendship. Your lover, she will be your best friend, keep the friendship strong, and you will find you will get more than what you bargain for.
Original post by silverbolt
yeah they're called friendships

I don't think the people involved in the relationship think so. They hold hands, they kiss, they can chill without ripping each others clothes off.
Original post by Brit_Miller
:lol: please elaborate

It has all the makings of an under-developed country in so many parts, it only gets a developed status as it's riding off the back of just a couple of locations like London.

You may not see bears running loose in the streets, but you will get sub-standard services, everyone out to rip you off and embarrassing levels of crime. Add some religious fanaticism to the mix and there you have it.

But I digress, for something to qualify as a relationship there needs to be sexual contact at the very least. In addition, no self respecting male would enter a relationship with someone they haven't had sex with first.
sex will not be fun if its cumpulsory. let it takes the time it needed in order to enjoy it.
But it's fun
Reply 32
In my opinion, sex should not be entirely compulsory in a relationship. But I believe it all depends on the mindset of people of how they perceive sex to have an impact on their relationships.While some people may agree that sex does help to strengthen the bonding between partners, others may beg to differ.

However, you shouldn't be making such a generalized statement that sex will weaken the bonding and etc unless it was based on personal experience.
To pretty much every guy I know, sex is a dealbreaker in a relationship.
Reply 34
Man like Patel the thread creator decided to experiment with his favourite goat Daisy, but never felt the same way afterwards.
Reply 35
having sex with someone after a week doesnt mean you dont respect someone, not respecting someone is like having more than one wife like in developing countries, not letting women(wives) have equal rights such as driving a car. Advanced countries show far more respect to women than developing countries, we just have sex outside of marriage which you may frown upon
in a relationship gf/bf yes it is.
in a friend relationship - no.
The couple define the parameters of their relationship. If they decide that sex is not going to be apart of it then that is their own prerogative.
Original post by Huskaris
You sound like an absolute hoot mate, let's go and get a mineral water together.

A day later and I'm still laughing over this ffs.

Original post by Sereni
Yes /thread

obviously it varies but I see sex as an important component in a healthy relationship. Sex is a way you can express love, I think you are asking this question with a lot of bias and preconcieved notions of why people act without actually knowing why people do it.

Agreed with this tbh. A relationship without sex is...basically a friendship no? Unless there are other romantic/sexual acts between the couple but even then why not have sex? :dontknow: (though it's perfectly fine and normal to wait a while before having sex, or if both partners are just not interested in sex or whatever.)
Original post by Ursin
And you sound like an absolute d**k

Oh my.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending