The Student Room Group

My sixth form is making me sign a contract so they can expel me, do I have to sign it

I have some of the best grades at the school and have no behaviour issues. But because I got in a personal arguement with the head and abysmal attendance I was told I would have to sign a contract of terms and I would be expelled if I failed(100% attendance for a month£
Am I obliged to sign it and if I don't can they just expel me?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
I am retaking the year and getting A's so I would be so annoyed if I did have to leave cause I don't know where else I could go ::
Just get 100% attendance for a term.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Clearly you do have some behavioural issues.
Reply 3
Not really
Get the lawyers in
Reply 5
Lmao that's exactly what I'm thinking haha
Out of curiosity, does this "100% attendance" mean you can't stay off if you're ill?
Reply 7
Nah but if I was excessively ill I'm sure they would get curious
Original post by Mvpmb
Nah but if I was excessively ill I'm sure they would get curious

Why have you got rubbish attendance anyway?
Reply 9
Idk I never sleep properly or just have bad moods where I don't care, but the school until now has been sympathetic and it hasn't affected my grades so it's annoying it's suddenly hitting me now
Original post by Mvpmb
I have some of the best grades at the school and have no behaviour issues. But because I got in a personal arguement with the head and abysmal attendance I was told I would have to sign a contract of terms and I would be expelled if I failed(100% attendance for a month£
Am I obliged to sign it and if I don't can they just expel me?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
I am retaking the year and getting A's so I would be so annoyed if I did have to leave cause I don't know where else I could go ::

Sign it. They're giving you a chance, don't ruin it. It's irrelevant if you get good grades, if there are no legitimate reasons why you've got a poor attendance, they're completely entitled to kick you out (which is fair enough as far as I'm concerned).
Reply 11
you arent signing it for them to be able to expel you, youre signing it to say you agree to these new terms

if they wanted to expel you they could

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just make more of an effort to attend and you'll be fine. It's only a short period of time (1-2 years). It'll prepare you for the real world too where you actually have to go into work.
Reply 13
Just to clarify he did explicitly tell me "fail and il expel you" lol but yeah thanks for advice
They more than likely will just expel you if you don't sign it. If you want to stay, you have to agree to their rules. 100% attendance for one month shouldn't be that difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending