The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Film Production Students, Sept. 2015, Hi!

Hey

I'm gonna be studying at UWL from Sept. 2015, doing the Film Production course.

Thought it'd be cool to get to know some people who are all doing the same course so we're not all stood there awkwardly on day one.

So hello, I'm Harry!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, not really a Film Production Student, but Commercial Photography :smile: Just wondering - Have you looked around for accommodation?:smile:
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Reply 2
This is why I just created an account haha! Trying to see who might be doing Film Production next year, hello :h:
Reply 3
Original post by pxtrycjx
Hello, not really a Film Production Student, but Commercial Photography :smile: Just wondering - Have you looked around for accommodation?:smile:

I took a trip down to the University for a tour but didn't get to see the accommodation unfortunately, however I am attending an open day on the 18th April, which will include tours of the accommodation, so you may wanna book for that to get the chance to see it for yourself. Here's the open day link: http://www.uwl.ac.uk/students/open-days/undergraduate-open-days

In terms of info regarding accommodation, here's what I've found on the website: http://www.uwl.ac.uk/students/support-services-for-students/accommodation

Hope to see you around :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by cathyalex
This is why I just created an account haha! Trying to see who might be doing Film Production next year, hello :h:

Hey :smile: Have you accepted a place or were you thinking of applying?
Reply 5
I've accepted a place, from what the student union told me accommodation booking opens today so I'm going to sort that out soon, what about you?
Reply 6
I've accepted a place, from what the student union told me accommodation booking opens today so I'm going to sort that out soon, what about you?

Yeah, me too, there's a £500 deposit which I've got to sort out first
Reply 7
omg nobody told me about that, what do they think I am haha, have you actually accepted it as your first choice yet cause I don't know if I need to before I book accommodation?
Reply 8
omg nobody told me about that, what do they think I am haha, have you actually accepted it as your first choice yet cause I don't know if I need to before I book accommodation?

Yeah, it's my first choice and I have accepted it as such. Because I have accepted it as my first choice I am going to be booking accommodation but I really don't know if it was necessary to accept before booking. You'd be better of emailing the university to check, or have a look at the regularly asked questions section on the UCAS site :smile:
Reply 9
I might just go and accept it as my first, after all if I'm booking accommodation there hopefully that means I'm going! It's just the commitment hahaha!
I might just go and accept it as my first, after all if I'm booking accommodation there hopefully that means I'm going! It's just the commitment hahaha!

I looked at 6 Uni's, those being Bournemouth, Southampton Solent, London Metro, Westminster, University of the Arts London and West London and West London looked the best to me, so accepting it as your first wouldn't be a bad idea!

What did you study before?
Bournemouth was one of my choices too! But when I looked at the stats they weren't great for getting a job. Leeds Beckett is my second choice but I went to the open day and someone asked how long it'd take to be successful and the teacher said 'Some people never make it' which is where I was like this isn't the best...

I do media studies, art, psychology and EPQ, what about you?
Bournemouth was one of my choices too! But when I looked at the stats they weren't great for getting a job. Leeds Beckett is my second choice but I went to the open day and someone asked how long it'd take to be successful and the teacher said 'Some people never make it' which is where I was like this isn't the best...

I do media studies, art, psychology and EPQ, what about you?

Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT. Media studies was full and I didn't fancy waiting a whole year to start it so chose what I'm second best at!
Oh right is that a full time course? Media studies is good for analysing things but a lot of my course is based on knowledge of things that you can pretty much find out from IMDB like budgets etc.
Oh right is that a full time course? Media studies is good for analysing things but a lot of my course is based on knowledge of things that you can pretty much find out from IMDB like budgets etc.

Yeah, it's full time, two years. You learn stuff about computer systems, databases, computer games development, event driven programming, information systems, animation, networking, advertising, systems analysis and design and some other stuff. Which I bet sounds super exciting :wink:
Sure does, although the animation part does actually sound quite interesting! What kind of animation do you learn about?
Sure does, although the animation part does actually sound quite interesting! What kind of animation do you learn about?

2D mainly. The history, like the Kaleidoscope, Thaumotrope, Phenakistoscope, Zoetrope, Kinetoscope, some on Rotoscoping and then we also make our own animations, but we used Adobe Flash for it which felt pretty constricting.
You lost me at thaumotrope :tongue: it does sound interesting though!
You lost me at thaumotrope :tongue: it does sound interesting though!

I'm glad it does, but it's definitely not :wink:
Reply 19
Hi!!!!!!!!

I've also accepted my offer for sept 2015 film production! Just got to sort out the accommodation now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending