The Student Room Group

Can I still apply for University? Suggestions on what to apply for?

So it's the 27th of Jan, I've not even touched UCAS yet, and I don't know what to apply for. Can I even still apply?

I've been to University already and saw the entire first year through. -- I can't remember a single thing I studied in my Major (History) but can remember everything in my Minors (Politics and Philosophy), I wasn't enjoying it, the degree that is, and dropped out.

I read a lot, I'm not too sociable, I game and write often as part of my hobbies. I'll openly admit I have problems with depression, so can you people of The Student Room suggest to me a degree to look into and research and just let me know if I can actually still apply?
If you don't know what degree to do, it's probably not a good idea to reapply right now.

If you do find something, the best way to apply would be via UCAS Extra, which will open in the late spring. However, UCAS Extra only contains courses that still have spaces, so not everything will be available. You could also apply via clearing in the summer, but again, a full range of courses won't be available.

If you decide you want to study something competitive, like law, you're probably better off waiting until September to reapply.
Start by reading this - all of it : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Help_choosing_a_subject

And then think about applying for next year - that way you might not make the same mistake twice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending