Scroll to see replies

yeah lol its n00bs in this forum je crois
Reply 21
danglenister
Wrong :smile:

Faliing conditions for the IB:

At http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=323673 someone wrote:

III. Failing Conditions

The Diploma cannot be awarded, whatever the total score, to candidates who have:
Received less than 24 points, including bonus points
Received a grade of 1 in any subject
Extended Essay was not submitted
Theory of Knowledge was not submitted
CAS requirements not completed
An “elementary” grade is awarded for both Extended Essay and TOK work
Candidate is guilty of malpractice
There are four or more grades of 3 or below

So what now? Can we conclude that having a grade 1 at a standard level would be a failing condition?? Some of you argued that a 1 would be fine if not at HL... what now?

THANKSS
Reply 22
Well, if there is any confusion, be safe and achieve scores higher than 2 in each subject :wink: Besides, it is not difficult to get at least a 3 in any subject if you bother to study at all.
really I think it's rather hard to get a 1 in anything, unless you go in and not write anything on the exam paper.
Reply 24
Well.. even if you would not write anything on the exam paper, having submitted the IA, wouldn't it be impossible to get a 1? :wink:
Reply 25
Actually, the lowest grade you can get on your exam is a 1. If you look at the grade boundaries for each subject each year, in order to get a one, you need a minimum of 0 marks - i.e. not writing anything down will give you a final grade of 1 on your external assessment. :biggrin:
Reply 26
check out this website. it has got all the 'failing' or 'not getting the diploma' conditions.

http://www.tulsaschools.org/schools/washington/ib/diploma/conditions.htm

hope this helps. =D
Reply 27
Yea it does!

IF

Received a grade of 1 in any subject

= FAILED
oh please let someone sticky that in the revision, nvm i'l go do it now possibly the link to answer all your quesitons :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending