The Student Room Group
Hi there, my 15/16 application is complete and I have received the paperwork through and everything but now I'm wondering if I did something wrong?
I didn't put my mum down as a dependant despite my dad being the only earner in the household and his income is just over £17k.
It's just me, mum and dad at home and mum doesn't have a job and isn't on benefits and I'm in education. Is it worth going back and changing my application or will it not make a difference to the help I'll get?
Reply 2
Hi,

I am looking at going to Uni full time in September and will have a 1 and 3 year old. In the eligibility it refers to household income but gives me no idea on a value for that and given my husbands wage if we will be eligble or not?

Just wondering if you had a vague idea as I doubt without the childcare grant I would be able to go to full time uni.

Thanks in advance,
Pip
Hi Emma

Could you run through the process of applying for the Child Care Grant? I am a little confused. Also what are the requirements needed to be met in order to be eligible for the grant?

Thanks for your time.
What ccg2 forms are being processed today please :-)
Hi, I am a full time student in my 2nd year out of a 4 year degree. I am thinking of cutting down to part time as of Sept as the workload feels impossible with a family.. My husband is starting a full time 3 year degree in September and will cutting down his work to part time.
Are we likely to qualify for Childcare grant if one of us studies full time and the other studies part time?
Thanks
SJ
Original post by treetrunks
Hi there, my 15/16 application is complete and I have received the paperwork through and everything but now I'm wondering if I did something wrong?
I didn't put my mum down as a dependant despite my dad being the only earner in the household and his income is just over £17k.
It's just me, mum and dad at home and mum doesn't have a job and isn't on benefits and I'm in education. Is it worth going back and changing my application or will it not make a difference to the help I'll get?

Hi! Thank you for your enquiry. As you live with both parents, and to ensure you receive the maximum support available to you, please either ask your mum to link herself to your application online and supply her financial details or alternatively, please telephone our Contact Centre on 0300 100 0607 and request a 2015/16 Sponsor PFF form for your mum to complete and return.

I hope you will find the above of assistance.

Take care and best of luck

Emma x
Original post by Emma Gabriel
Hi! Thank you for your enquiry. As you live with both parents, and to ensure you receive the maximum support available to you, please either ask your mum to link herself to your application online and supply her financial details or alternatively, please telephone our Contact Centre on 0300 100 0607 and request a 2015/16 Sponsor PFF form for your mum to complete and return.

I hope you will find the above of assistance.

Emma x

Hi Emma
My mum has already provided her financial details. I am just wondering if I needed to put her on the form as a dependant.
Original post by pip_mac
Hi,

I am looking at going to Uni full time in September and will have a 1 and 3 year old. In the eligibility it refers to household income but gives me no idea on a value for that and given my husbands wage if we will be eligble or not?

Just wondering if you had a vague idea as I doubt without the childcare grant I would be able to go to full time uni.

Thanks in advance,
Pip

Hi Pip. Many thanks for your enquiry. Student's with a partner and dependent children are eligible to apply for the following grants which are non repayable: Adult Dependants Grant up to a maximum of £2757 a year, Parental Learning Allowance up to a maximum of £1573 per year. The amount you could be awarded depends on your household income and as each application is assessed on an individual basis, it really is impossible to guestimate what you may or may not be entitled to. I would advise that you submit an online application and also apply for the childcare grant. You will then receive a Notification of Entitlement letter which will advise of your award.

With the Childcare Grant, you can apply for up to 85% of your actual childcare costs. You may find the link below of further assistance.

https://www.gov.uk/childcare-grant

Take care

Emma x
Hi! Ah okay, I'm assuming you are wondering if you can apply for the Adult Dependants Grant for your mum?

An Adult Dependant can be any adult who depends on you financially and whose income from the 2013/14 tax year (for 2015/16 student finance applications) is less than £3796. However, as you mum has a partner (your dad) we would need to clarify his income too. If he received over £3796 during the 2013/14 tax year, mum would be deemed dependant on your dad, rather than yourself and you would not be eligible to claim the this grant.

Please take a look at the link below as you may find it of assistance:
https://www.gov.uk/adult-dependants-grant

Best of luck

Emma x
Original post by benthelamb
Hi Emma

Could you run through the process of applying for the Child Care Grant? I am a little confused. Also what are the requirements needed to be met in order to be eligible for the grant?

Thanks for your time.

Hi and thanks for your enquiry.

Please take a look at the link below which will explain the Childcare Application process in full. I hope you will find it of assistance. It really is packed full of useful information and explains the process clearly.

Take care

Emma x
Original post by siobhan1801
What ccg2 forms are being processed today please :-)

Hi Siobhan. Thanks for your enquiry.

We are currently processing Confirmation of Childcare Costs forms (CCG2's) as follows:

2013/14 AY - CCG2's rec'd 04/02/15

2014/15 AY - CCG2's rec'd 04/02/15

Hope the above is of assistance.

Take care

Emma x
Original post by sarah_jayne
Hi, I am a full time student in my 2nd year out of a 4 year degree. I am thinking of cutting down to part time as of Sept as the workload feels impossible with a family.. My husband is starting a full time 3 year degree in September and will cutting down his work to part time.
Are we likely to qualify for Childcare grant if one of us studies full time and the other studies part time?
Thanks
SJ

Hi Sarah_Jayne. Thank you for your enquiry. Yes - if one of you is studying Full Time and other is studying Part Time in the same academic year, then the student studying Full Time will be eligible to apply for both the Childcare Grant and Parental Learning Allowance.

I hope the above is of assistance to you.

Emma x
Reply 13
Thanks to Emma and everyone who attended this live webchat. For more information be sure to check out our new video on Childcare.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRBE6mlNsnQ&list=PL4wogS HG9Pv-VXvsLjoaWno6Q_BBW-ubw[/video]

Ray

Latest

Trending

Trending