The Student Room Group

What is your DREAM car and why?

Scroll to see replies

Make a less powerful, more efficient hybrid lexus LFA style car - then make it amphibious as my own personal mod + customising the interior myself
wouldn't mind a Nissan GTR either if we're just sticking to stock cars
however if we're doing just regular cars then I'm a sucker for an M3. (still want a hybrid version of it though)
Original post by reyjusuf
My dream car is not a car. My dream car is great public transportation in my city. I would love to live without a car.

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg
Original post by DKeane
Well, I'd have to say 1 1965 Ford Mustang...because...well, just look at it!

IMO this is the best mustang Ford has ever made. Absolutely love 60's cars!
Original post by reallydontknow
A custom built, one of a kind Pagani.

They are engineering marvels and are works of art. A perfect combination of science and art.

And a custom built one will always be better than the standard, it will be your own thing and will always be special.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Excalty what I think about Pagani's, especially the rare Pagani Zonda F,
but
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/rare-pagani-supercar-crashed-in-london/ar-AA9jmZx?ocid=iehp
I cried when I heard the news lol, only 25 coupe and 25 convertible versions of the Pagani Zonda F were made :frown:
Original post by louieee
omg

lol I had the same reaction!

killed me

atleast have a motorbike if you don't wanna car! :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
Original post by tearteto
Make a less powerful, more efficient hybrid lexus LFA style car - then make it amphibious as my own personal mod + customising the interior myself
wouldn't mind a Nissan GTR either if we're just sticking to stock cars
however if we're doing just regular cars then I'm a sucker for an M3. (still want a hybrid version of it though)

Nice choice.
LFA - has a 4.8 V10 engine. 0-60mph in 3.6s, 553hp and does 17.3 miles to the gallon
However if you need inspiration :biggrin:

you HAVE to go for the Mercedes AMG GT.
- 503bhp 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 which is less powerful than the LFA
- 28.8mpg which is considerably better than the LFA
Nissan GTR is imo amazing! launch control is really good. apparently lovely to drive in, good control.
Was never really a fan of BMW but the M3 is a really good choice, if I had to have a regular car though, I would LOVE a Nissan skyline gtr34 V-SPEC, which is the successor of the Nissan GTR.

BTW can you tell me more about your car build? love to hear it!
Original post by DanielBaranowski
Excalty what I think about Pagani's, especially the rare Pagani Zonda F,
but
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/rare-pagani-supercar-crashed-in-london/ar-AA9jmZx?ocid=iehp
I cried when I heard the news lol, only 25 coupe and 25 convertible versions of the Pagani Zonda F were made :frown:

Yes the F and the R were both amazing, I do however like the new huayra too.

Oh Damn. Hopefully it gets repaired.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Volkswagen Passat is the suavest, most sophisticated Saloon that the world has to offer. Its lengthly wheelbase, sturdy steel body and good looks make it an elegant and head turning offering to any saloon enthusiast. Turning up to a social occasion in this fine motor will be sure to get people talking, and you will have gained the instant respect of your rivals and females before you have even exited the vehicle. It has room for an entourage, even an expanding one. If one desires female company then no girl will be able to resist when this luxurious elegantly styled saloon pulls up next to her and offers her a ride.

Legend has it that owning a Passat makes you 100 times more likely to be respected whereas owning a French motor makes you 100% less likely to be respected. Not only will the Passat give you the best drive of your life it will also open up doors for you. According to the latest statistics acquired from the University of Ballers, 100% of Passat drivers attend a RG University and 90% of them go into jobs with a 6 figure salary or more
. You can't argue against facts. The Passat is such a sophisticated yet powerful motor that some claim if Jesus were alive today he'd drive one. It is hard to disagree. What better way to travel to carry out your next curing of the ill than to cruise to Bethlehem or Nazareth in a luxurious VW Passat? There is no better way. It's that simple.

The last word is luxury, it will inspire jealousy and admiration (in that order) from ones neighbours. The addition of this Saloon on the drive will increase house prices by 10% in the neighbourhood. The lower classes and those in menial occupations will recognise their place in society and bow their heads in the direction of this truly aspirational saloon as you drive past. Its wide thick tyres, low centre of gravity and powerful engine make this vehicle ideally suited to late night street racing on the M25, offering a turn of pace that other motorists simply can not hope to match.

Even comes with enough space for your wife's shopping. This is the car to show that you made it.

(edited 9 years ago)
Yes the F and the R were both amazing, I do however like the new huayra too.

Oh Damn. Hopefully it gets repaired.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea, the Huayra is amazing too. Lol its gonna cost a fortune. you know the worst thing? The guy that crashed it wasn't even the owner...
Original post by Baby Milo
The Volkswagen Passat is the suavest, most sophisticated Saloon that the world has to offer. Its lengthly wheelbase, sturdy steel body and good looks make it an elegant and head turning offering to any saloon enthusiast. Turning up to a social occasion in this fine motor will be sure to get people talking, and you will have gained the instant respect of your rivals and females before you have even exited the vehicle. It has room for an entourage, even an expanding one. If one desires female company then no girl will be able to resist when this luxurious elegantly styled saloon pulls up next to her and offers her a ride.

Legend has it that owning a Passat makes you 100 times more likely to be respected whereas owning a French motor makes you 100% less likely to be respected. Not only will the Passat give you the best drive of your life it will also open up doors for you. According to the latest statistics acquired from the University of Ballers, 100% of Passat drivers attend a RG University and 90% of them go into jobs with a 6 figure salary or more
. You can't argue against facts. The Passat is such a sophisticated yet powerful motor that some claim if Jesus were alive today he'd drive one. It is hard to disagree. What better way to travel to carry out your next curing of the ill than to cruise to Bethlehem or Nazareth in a luxurious VW Passat? There is no better way. It's that simple.

The last word is luxury, it will inspire jealousy and admiration (in that order) from ones neighbours. The addition of this Saloon on the drive will increase house prices by 10% in the neighbourhood. The lower classes and those in menial occupations will recognise their place in society and bow their heads in the direction of this truly aspirational saloon as you drive past. Its wide thick tyres, low centre of gravity and powerful engine make this vehicle ideally suited to late night street racing on the M25, offering a turn of pace that other motorists simply can not hope to match.

Even comes with enough space for your wife's shopping. This is the car to show that you made it.

LOL
that is single-handedly the best review I have ever heard!
Original post by Baby Milo

Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
my brother has a nissan gtr and it is honestly one of the most amazing cars ever. Such ab beautiful car! My favorite cars are:
Lamborghini Aventador
La Ferrari
Lexus LFA
MercedeS G63

but i also love the 458 italia, the new 488, the mclaren p1 and buggati veyron.

might be going to the The Geneva Motor Shop next month so i might get to the the new Ferrari 488!
(edited 9 years ago)
Nice choice.
LFA - has a 4.8 V10 engine. 0-60mph in 3.6s, 553hp and does 17.3 miles to the gallon
However if you need inspiration :biggrin:

you HAVE to go for the Mercedes AMG GT.
- 503bhp 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 which is less powerful than the LFA
- 28.8mpg which is considerably better than the LFA
Nissan GTR is imo amazing! launch control is really good. apparently lovely to drive in, good control.
Was never really a fan of BMW but the M3 is a really good choice, if I had to have a regular car though, I would LOVE a Nissan skyline gtr34 V-SPEC, which is the successor of the Nissan GTR.

BTW can you tell me more about your car build? love to hear it!

I'm not so bothered about spec too much like acceleration, as long as it can say 120 then I'm perfectly happy with it, that's why I'd reduce the engine to save weight or fit in a hybrid generator. What I'm after is an all purpose, smooth and comfortable vehicle with a high level of tech efficiency and perfection - to me the technology synergy is as beautiful as a zonda's bodywork.
As for making it amphibious that would be like a final project for when I do actually own a car. Though either making it water proof or making sure the underside doesn't get damaged or rust up is a big problem, then there's depth control and buoyancy problem, especially if I'm changing the weight distribution from the stock spec - but honestly those sorts of challenges interest me :smile:

that Mercedes AMG GT has a GORGEOUS interior O_O but the front seems a bit long for me, plus I'd atleast try to have a 4-5 seater - if there was a similar car like the LFA that had two seats in the back, i'd be ecstatic.
(edited 9 years ago)
A custom built, one of a kind Pagani.

They are engineering marvels and are works of art. A perfect combination of science and art.

And a custom built one will always be better than the standard, it will be your own thing and will always be special.

Posted from TSR Mobile

like this baby
Original post by Sara_PLL
my brother has a nissan gtr and it is honestly one of the most amazing cars ever. Such ab beautiful car! My favorite cars are:
Lamborghini Aventador
La Ferrari
Lexus LFA
MercedeS G63

but i also love the 458 italia, the new 488, the mclaren p1 and buggati veyron.

might be going to the The Geneva Motor Shop next month so i might get to the the new Ferrari 488!

Wow nice choices!
The 458 italia is nice, but once I saw the 488 italia, lol I completely forgot about the 458. Like Jeremy Clarkson said to James may in topgear (james may has a 458) If you have a 458 you must be feeling pretty suicidal. :smile:

The McLaren P1 is a league of its own.
McLaren M838TQ twin turbo 3.8l V8 +
McLaren electric ECU motor
0-60mph in 2.7s
stunning 2 door coupe
amazing 902 bhp
LOVE IT

The Buggati Veyron imo is kinda...very overrated. Not saying that its a bad car, its absoluty awesome!
a wicked 0-60mph in 2.46 second(2.2 seconds in a Supersport)

408.47 km/h (253.81 mph) (average)
Super Sport:
431.072 km/h (267.856 mph) (average)
This I cant even comprehend
8.0 litre W16, 64v 2xDOHC quad-turbocharged petrol engine

But the reason why I think it is too overrated is because, I ask so many people why they like the Buggatti 90 % of the time the response I get is: Its fast, heard it in a song. They don't even know anything about it. Lol atleast know that it was 16 cylinders and a quad turbocharged engine!
(edited 9 years ago)
Wow nice choices!
The 458 italia is nice, but once I saw the 488 italia, lol I completely forgot about the 458. Like Jeremy Clarkson said to James may in topgear (james may has a 458) If you have a 458 you must be feeling pretty suicidal. :smile:

The McLaren P1 is a league of its own.
McLaren M838TQ twin turbo 3.8l V8 +
McLaren electric ECU motor
0-60mph in 2.7s
stunning 2 door coupe
amazing 902 bhp
LOVE IT

The Buggati Veyron imo is kinda...very overrated. Not saying that its a bad car, its absoluty awesome!
a wicked 0-60mph in 2.46 second(2.2 seconds in a Supersport)

408.47 km/h (253.81 mph) (average)
Super Sport:
431.072 km/h (267.856 mph) (average)
This I cant even comprehend
8.0 litre W16, 64v 2xDOHC quad-turbocharged petrol engine

But the reason why I think it is too overrated is because, I ask so many people why they like the Buggatti 90 % of the time the response I get is: Its fast, heard it in a song. They don't even know anything about it. Lol atleast know that it was 16 cylinders and a quad turbocharged engine!

yeah is 488 makes the 458 look rubbish but i still love both. the p1 is just breathtaking though! Porsche 918 is looking quite nice though as well! not normally a big Porsche fan (except for the 911 turbo) but the 918 looks great!
cant wait for the m4 review on Top Gear tonight. The car looks amazing!
I disike lambos, bugatti's etc. If I could get any car it would be the Bentely Continental VT G8, or the Aston Martin One 77
Original post by Sara_PLL
yeah is 488 makes the 458 look rubbish but i still love both. the p1 is just breathtaking though! Porsche 918 is looking quite nice though as well! not normally a big Porsche fan (except for the 911 turbo) but the 918 looks great!

Yea same here, im not a big Porsche fan but the 918 looks amazing. The new Porsche cayman GT4 looks absolutely stunning!

If you could have any Ferrari what would it be? no point of me saying because Ferrari f40 is my fav car (whole point of this thread), so that is the Ferrari I would have anyway! :biggrin:
BUT
If I had to choose any other Ferrari it would have to be the 250 GT California, looks absolutely stunning, vintage masterpiece! love those long bonnets!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending