The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Quite a few. And an exclusion :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So many I lost count, hardly ever went to them, which meant 3 for everyone I missed haha...

but shhhh don't tell the unis :wink:
Omg I had so many. Like my school give out full-lunch and 6pm detentions and I'd get given those so often it wasn't funny. And then I wouldn't go to them and come up with the most bs excuses for why not... It was a vicious cycle haha. Surprised I made it through :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by william walker
That's nothing one of my stand in teachers had her leg broken and one of the people in the class started singing don't cry have a milkshake. Another time a teacher was thrown through a door and knocked out by two of the year 11's when I was in year 7. The school at shut down when I was in year 9, I had to move schools.

Also I just found out that someone who bullied me at that secondary school has died and cancer, I couldn't stop laughing when I hear the news today. Do you think this makes me a bad person?

was just about to tell your a terrible person than realised I was laughing at your post. Regardless, sounds like you went to a fuxked up school.
Original post by AliRizzo
was just about to tell your a terrible person than realised I was laughing at your post. Regardless, sounds like you went to a fuxked up school.

I think they are making that up, but at my school 1 teacher was fired as he was getting abused by a pupil for about a year, disruptive in class, shouting abuse, doing things like putting dog poop over his car or peeing on it, finding out where he lived and egging his door or banging on windows and my school(which I have mentioned on other threads was biased and treated middle class kids as faultless and council estate kids as all chavs and criminals) ignored the teacher until one day he snapped and grabbed the guy out of his chair and choked him and threw him out of the room, he would of beaten him up to but he was stopped by teacher in next classroom.

At same school about 6 years later a teacher in same department jumped in front of a train due to stress of teaching to kids and another did it the same way about 3 years after that, and around same time there was rumours about school getting closed as kids were bringing knifes to school.

Mad thing was this was meant to be best school in area for generations, it was about 200 years old and had famous people go there over the years, its still open now but meant to have improved.
Original post by AliRizzo

It was a bad school because I basically learned nothing their and through the other school I went to. Secondary school was pointless for me. However the teachers weren't bad if I had the same one for more than a month. Also the people in my years weren't that bad their, other years were worse.
Original post by drbluebox
I think they are making that up, but at my school 1 teacher was fired as he was getting abused by a pupil for about a year, disruptive in class, shouting abuse, doing things like putting dog poop over his car or peeing on it, finding out where he lived and egging his door or banging on windows and my school(which I have mentioned on other threads was biased and treated middle class kids as faultless and council estate kids as all chavs and criminals) ignored the teacher until one day he snapped and grabbed the guy out of his chair and choked him and threw him out of the room, he would of beaten him up to but he was stopped by teacher in next classroom.

At same school about 6 years later a teacher in same department jumped in front of a train due to stress of teaching to kids and another did it the same way about 3 years after that, and around same time there was rumours about school getting closed as kids were bringing knifes to school.

Mad thing was this was meant to be best school in area for generations, it was about 200 years old and had famous people go there over the years, its still open now but meant to have improved.

Which part of what I say do you not believe?

No teacher had a fight with anyone went was their. However when my cousin and brother were their they said it happened a few times. In fact I can't remember any fights at all really in my year. I was only started on twice by people who didn't like me. You see we were all basically from the same area and had similar families who knew each other. When I had to move school it was worse because it was in a different area. Of course the government always does this, like in the US with busing. They closed down two schools in my district and moved those people to different schools which hated each other. My school was small, so it had little affect. However they joined together a medium school with 400 people and a bigger school with 1,200 people and that quickly became the worst school in the district.
LOADS, didn't turn up to any of them. :tongue:
Reply 48
Never
Original post by sr90
I got expelled. I'm probably the only person on here who can say that.

I got expelled from college for disconnecting a fire alarm if that counts
Reply 50
Yes and I liked it.
No, by luck not judgement I feel, as teachers were inconsistent in the use of detention.
I had a few of them, mostly from year 7 to 9. A small number of them were for forgetting homework, not sure how many times this happened but it's about 2 or 3 I think.

But the overwhelming majority of mine were detentions where the teacher held an entire class back, including the well behaved ones like me. This happened a lot in years 7 and 8, and died off during year 9. I hated it and should have just walked out, but I was worried about getting into more trouble. They always tried to justify it by saying "the good pupils will put pressure on the others to behave". I'd love to know what they were smoking when they came up with the idea that a shy quiet kid with no friends could pressure the chavs to keep quiet.

I never got anything worse than that though. Never had after school detention, never been put on report, etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 54
Yes, Several.

Worst one was when I brought in a tunable 2-way radio and tuned it into the school's frequency. We then spent a few days messing with the teachers, calling for fake backup supports etc and seeing the teachers run round like headless chickens. Totally worth it.
Literally hundreds.

I probably went to like 3.
Had one at least once every two weeks from year 7-11

Went to like 10, the ones you HAD to go to. It was stupid stuff like being noisy, late or not doing homework. Once got detention for using the computers in the common room when I was year 11, not a big deal but my teacher went absolutely nuts and gave me a hour detention

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope but I probably would if they could give people detentions at college.
I've had plenty. Probably 2 a week during years 8 & 9. Looking back me and my friends were definitely a complete pain
Several times usually for not doing homework 1/2 hour after school the this one teacher seemed to delight in taking away a 13 year old boys Friday evening EVERY ****ing Friday for a whole academic year did I learn anything hell no.
(edited 5 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending