The Student Room Group

decisions

any help is appreciated. i've been seeing this girl a while now and things have been okay. I have been talking to this other girl (about uni work) and mentioned it to her casually. She got very jealous and has asked me to stop talking to said girl. I'm a sticker for loyalty etc and shes done the same for me so should I stop talking to her? This other girl is very helpful and theres no chance of anything happening between us
Thanks for the help everyone :frown::dry:
Yeah the last thing you want is another girl coming between you and your gf
No, you should never give up your friends for your girlfriend. Having your girlfriend try to control who you can and can't talk to is a red flag. She can stop talking to people if she wants, but one shouldn't tell another who they can talk to. Don't abandon your friends (and your uni work, seeing as this other girl is helping you) for some girl. You need to tell her that's not okay in a relationship
You could argue that you shouldn't let someone else come between you both, but it sounds like she's being unreasonable. It's not just that she's asking you not to talk to this girl, which I know happens in a lot of relationships so I'll try not to go into that matter too much, but you are only talking to this girl about work. Your girlfriend is being too jealous, she needs to learn to trust you more - you are NOT interested in the other girl and she's helpful in talking about work. I have a male friend like this, and I think my boyfriend was a little worried when his name started coming up more often, but I assured him it was completely innocent. Considering that your education should come before petty arguments in a relationship, I'd say keep talking to this girl. Let your girlfriend know that you won't be stopping talking to her because it's unreasonable as you are only talking about work.

In saying that, you said she's done the same for you. What do you mean? Did you ask her to stop talking to someone about university work just because you got jealous?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Danny Welbeck
any help is appreciated. i've been seeing this girl a while now and things have been okay. I have been talking to this other girl (about uni work) and mentioned it to her casually. She got very jealous and has asked me to stop talking to said girl. I'm a sticker for loyalty etc and shes done the same for me so should I stop talking to her? This other girl is very helpful and theres no chance of anything happening between us

Your girlfriend is being ridiculous, you should never give up your friends if your partner is jealous of them because that is their problem, not yours. Just explain to her that there is nothing to be jealous of, you get on well as friends and help each other with uni work and that you are not going to stop talking to people just because of their gender. Is she going to react like this every time she catches you talking to a female? Speak/be friends with whoever you want, it doesn't need approval.
(edited 9 years ago)
If you're seriously only talking about work then this girl you're seeing is in the wrong to ask you to stop talking to her. However if there's a little more than just "work" she might have a valid concern.
Original post by Malevolent
If there's a little more than just "work" she might have a valid concern.

So he's not allowed to have friends who are girls? If he's cheating it's different but he's not. There's nothing wrong with having friends of the opposite sex, and he shouldn't change that for a girl who he's 'seeing'
Original post by georgiaswift
So he's not allowed to have friends who are girls? If he's cheating it's different but he's not. There's nothing wrong with having friends of the opposite sex, and he shouldn't change that for a girl who he's 'seeing'

Yeah I never said he can't have friends of the opposite sex so not sure why you're telling me that.

The reason I said what I did was to add another view.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending