Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Ask a Current Nottingham Student

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by Eyzelnel
Hey, thanks for your reply, it's really appreciated (I was the post you replied to, I think I posted anon.) I actually might consider swapping, what type of room do you currently have and what cost? The one i got is Cavendish, £7000 for a 31 week contract (obviously that includes food as it's catered)

Heya, I’ve just private messaged you
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Just wondering how hot the rooms are in halls-I’ve got an en-suite at broad gate park
Will a 13.5 duvet be too hot ?
Hi! Not sure if this is the right place, but I am thinking of applying to the Human Computer Interaction MSc programme for the September 2021 cycle. Would really appreciate it if a current student or alumni would let me pick their brain about the programme.

(Also I just created an account on this site, so if anyone can point me to any useful resources, that would be great too.)

Thanks in advance :smile:
Are there any current Biochemistry students at Nottingham who are willing to answer a few questions over private message please?
Hello I am contemplating whether I should go to a UNI in London which is closer to home, I live at home with a decent HQ PC setup its a nice enviroment which I could get comfy in, I could communte to uni and stay in London without and fee's, where as I hate london simply growing up here, don't want to see old faces even though that's unlikely & want a change of scenery, do you think nottingham is a good uni and enviroment to do so? I also would probably like to stay in the halls for t he first year as you said to meet friends which isn;t very important. However, If I stay in London I'll pick up driving etc and would be able to do more things down here.

But forget my points on london, I really want to know whether nottingham is worth it , I'm looking to do Marketing
I am a second year Biology student at Nottingham if anyone has any questions :smile:
As cohort 2021 are unable to view accommodation this year, can I ask that if you have stayed in accommodation that if you have time you submit an honest review of the accommodation you stayed in at https://www.studentcrowd.com/student-accommodation-l1004971-nottingham

It’s so difficult to judge where to opt to stay this year.

Many thanks

😃
Are there any current Nottingham GEM students on this thread? If so, how are you finding being taught with the younger students? I'm just asking because I will be 30 when I start graduate entry med school this year (fingers crossed) and didn't want to feel out of place in a much younger cohort? Thanks for your help :smile:
is there anyone who stayed in st. peter’s court accom?? any opinions on that would be great, thanks!!
hey, not sure if this is the right place but I have been offered a place at uni of notts for law and am looking for accommodation. I want it to be self-catered, en-suite but also lively. What are the best places for this?? Thank you
Original post by ellielorains
hey, not sure if this is the right place but I have been offered a place at uni of notts for law and am looking for accommodation. I want it to be self-catered, en-suite but also lively. What are the best places for this?? Thank you

Broadgate Park could work. Self-catered and does offer en-suite rooms. "Lively" is kinda difficult to judge, but it does have plenty of people living there. It's also very close to University Park campus.

Other ones are Dagfa (might be fully booked already?), Nottingham Two, Raleigh, Riverside, St Peter's Court
I have just finished the first year of my joint honours Mathematics and Economics degree at University of Nottingham.

I can answer questions about studying maths, as well as more general questions about university life in Nottingham.

Maths at university is very different to A-level maths so please use this thread if you have any questions or concerns.
I'm a second year maths student at Uni of Nottingham, shoot any questions over! (even just about general Notts life)
Reply 653
Hello,

I was wondering if I can find a resource channel or group for past papers, lecture notes... and stuff (medical).

Thxx.
Original post by zotx
Hello,

I was wondering if I can find a resource channel or group for past papers, lecture notes... and stuff (medical).

Thxx.

Login to Moodle or the university repository
Reply 655
Original post by mnot
Login to Moodle or the university repository

Hey, thanks for replying.

I don't have access to the site, I'm not a student there.
Our university has a twinning program with Nottingham, so I was looking for additional resources here.
Original post by zotx
Hey, thanks for replying.

I don't have access to the site, I'm not a student there.
Our university has a twinning program with Nottingham, so I was looking for additional resources here.

Perhaps ask your course conveyor what they have
What time do applications for university accommodations open? I know the date is tomorrow but I can't find a time anywhere
Hello everyone, I applied for engineering which I know that the faculty is in the eastern side but I still don’t know which accommodation I want. Are there any recommendations? I want it to be close to faculty and prefer self-catering.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello everyone, I applied for engineering which I know that the faculty is in the eastern side but I still don’t know which accommodation I want. Are there any recommendations? I want it to be close to faculty and prefer self-catering.

Hi.

I went to Broadgate Park and study a science-based subject so went to a similar part of campus to engineers. I found the walk to that side of campus wasn't that bad. On Google Maps it's the closest self-catered accommodation despite being on the other side of campus. However, there are other options on the east side of campus that are a bit longer to get to but would be fine choices e.g. Saint Peters Court, Raleigh Park, or Nottingham Two.

My advice would be to look at your budget first (as that will be the most important factor) and determine a price you could pay. Then look at the accommodations that fit that price and incorporate other factors i.e. how close are the shops? how big is it? If you have any more questions just let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending