The Student Room Group

Whats my chance of catching this after kissing boyfriend

Ive never had coldsores ever in my life and my boyfriend kissed me tonight outside in the dark. When we got in his house i noticed a big coldsore on the corner of his lip and he said yea ive been run down, i tried not to kiss you before (we kissed for about 30 seconds!).

Im secretly annoyed at him as its the herpes virus, whats my chance of getting it now? Ive never had a cold sore before.

Am i being irrational being annoyed?
Reply 1
Unlikely. If you've never had a cold sore and you're old enough to be kissing boys it sounds like you have a certain level of natural immunity. My mother got cold sores, my father didn't. They were together for around 20+ years.
Original post by hhts
Unlikely. If you've never had a cold sore and you're old enough to be kissing boys it sounds like you have a certain level of natural immunity. My mother got cold sores, my father didn't. They were together for around 20+ years.

Im certainly old enough ha but he's only the second man I've ever kissed. I don't remember any of my family having cold sores so I assumed I just hadn't caught the virus yet.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Im certainly old enough ha but he's only the second man I've ever kissed. I don't remember any of my family having cold sores so I assumed I just hadn't caught the virus yet.

Stick to cheek kissing until his cold sore is gone to be safe but it's very unlikely you'll catch it.

Quick Reply

Latest