The Student Room Group

How do you act on a one-night stand with a girl you like vs. a meaningless one?

Heyaa, asking this question because I very rarely have hookups so have no idea what the standard procedure is for guys when they bring a girl back from a night out - (we also didn't have sex btw cuz i tend to take things slow and wasnt ready)

Considering its a girl you know, would it be normal to:
*chat for ages pretty much from 5am til 11 in the morning (with naps in between)
*Let her stay and sleep in (til about 3pm)
*Hold hands and snuggle all this time
*cancel plans so she can sleep in later

Context: this was a guy I used to get with a while back and we hadn't really talked in a while until this happened recently -

Is this normal onenight stand behaviour and am I reading too much in to it?
i'll tell you what happened to me - a guy i was in a FWB relationship with treated me amazingly, he would hold me all night, kiss me as soon as he saw me and every time he said goodbye. He got me gifts for my birthday, picked me up from work, he'd met all my family on multiple occasions and would stay at my house throughout the day just to wait for me to finish work. I started to fall for him, and from his behaviour I thought he was falling for me too. However, as soon as he became aware of my feelings for him he backed off and said it wasn't what he wanted etc. blahblah.... all i can say i've learnt from this is that men are confusing! and the best way to know if they like you or not, is to just ask! Especially before you're in too deep and end up hurt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending