The Student Room Group

Alone for my birthday

<snip>
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Are you not spending it with family?
Reply 2
Yeah I felt the exact same I'm now 20,I don't know it just feels like theirs always something negative in my head .But I don't know what it is.You feel as if you want to go out there and do stuff but somethings holding you back and cant figure out what it is and why.Your energy just goes.After having the worst years in secondary school I asked myself did I really have any true friends looking back I was lonely and sensitive.I felt depressed afterwards and still now that's what I think is in my head.The fact that the bullies have made their lives and left me to rot.Now even at uni I feel slightly isolated even though I try to convince and pretend to myself I'm not.

Have a good Birthday hopefully things will brighten up.
Reply 3
Original post by sr90
I've probably made this thread before but yeh, it's my birthday in a few days and as usual i'll be spending the day alone :sad:

Ever since I started uni my so called friends always made a big deal out of everyone elses but mine was never mentioned once. I do have a couple of close friends who care but neither of them live near me. It just makes me feel so pathetic and lonely, like I could disappear and nobody would notice.

Everyone else I know gets a birthday weekend away somewhere nice with their other half, a big night out or a meal somewhere along with lots of presents. I'll be lucky to get a ****ing text message.

How can I stop feeling like **** about this? Anyone else in a similar position?

I am sorry to know that. I am here only because i am lonely like you. Dont feel down because you are not the only one. When is your birthday exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
In a few months time, I'll be spending my 21st alone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm always alone on my birthday but just make the most out of it. Treat it as if it were a regular day otherwise you'll feel depressed or sad about how you're not doing anything with your friends, family, etc.

You may even start to like having some alone time and enjoying the peace and quiet; I know I do. Then again i'm usually alone by myself... meh just look at the pros, not the cons.
It was my birthday recently and i was in the same position and was alone however it turned out quite great so don't give up, anything could happen.
Original post by sr90
I've probably made this thread before but yeh, it's my birthday in a few days and as usual i'll be spending the day alone :sad:

Ever since I started uni my so called friends always made a big deal out of everyone elses but mine was never mentioned once. I do have a couple of close friends who care but neither of them live near me. It just makes me feel so pathetic and lonely, like I could disappear and nobody would notice.

Everyone else I know gets a birthday weekend away somewhere nice with their other half, a big night out or a meal somewhere along with lots of presents. I'll be lucky to get a ****ing text message.

Awh. It's my birthday next week too and I'm working that day! :lol:
I never get presents or do anything for my birthdays so it's just become another ordinary day for me! I've never had a birthday meal and haven't had a cake in YEARS, only get cards from a few relatives, etc. You're not alone, but it's no big deal, honestly. ^_^

Huggsss:hugs:
i've not celebrated my birthday since I was a kid lol.

OP you could just throw a big party (a good one) and then you'l be popular after that.
21st today, currently alone (apart from my dog, who's snoring and really uninterested in dancing with me)

Look on the bright side, no awkward present opening and having happy birthday sang to you, no having to thank a family member for giving you a used pair of boxers from a charity shop (I'm a girl and this has happened to me) :biggrin:
Reply 10
Yep, been there. There is something very saddening when no one cares to celebrate your birthday and you see others with friends and partners rallying round. NYE was a similar disaster for many a year. It is one of the reasons I wanted a good relationship, to have someone to celebrate things with. I know it's not quite the same but why not invite some people to join you to make merry, or make a trip to your friends who care. And keep searching for a good partner.:smile:
Original post by CherryWine
having to thank a family member for giving you a used pair of boxers from a charity shop (I'm a girl and this has happened to me) :biggrin:

Oh my God. Out of curiosity, what colour were they? :holmes:

Edit: Happy Birthday! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
21st today, currently alone (apart from my dog, who's snoring and really uninterested in dancing with me)

Look on the bright side, no awkward present opening and having happy birthday sang to you, no having to thank a family member for giving you a used pair of boxers from a charity shop (I'm a girl and this has happened to me) :biggrin:

Happy birthday to you. 🎂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Better than waking up on your Birthday in some ditch in Lebanon you'd never have thought to see the life of day.

Trustory.
Original post by sr90

This is why family is the most important. They'll always be there for you and never let you down (usually anyway..). Just spend it with your parents/family. Yeah maybe that seems pathetic but It's better than spending it with fake friends that won't be there for you in 20 years. P.s I'm not saying all friends are fake.
Original post by NishaaaR
Oh my God. Out of curiosity, what colour were they? :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:

Light grey (originally white) including bobbles :biggrin: I had previously mentioned in conversation how I needed to get some new pyjamas and yeah, they thought they would be "comfy" :redface:
Original post by pagorai
Happy birthday to you. 🎂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Light grey (originally white) including bobbles :biggrin: I had previously mentioned in conversation how I needed to get some new pyjamas and yeah, they thought they would be "comfy" :redface:

I was just about to say, good choice... but then I saw "originally white" and the fact that it had been already worn.

It's a matter of perspective, I guess, ha. Family knows best. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Happy birthday! You're wonderful and truly amazing. You don't have to do anything special for your bday! Just enjoy some quite time, or maybe go on a trip by yourself and explore a new place/ meet new people? :biggrin:
Original post by NishaaaR
I was just about to say, good choice... but then I saw "originally white" and the fact that it had been already worn.

It's a matter of perspective, I guess, ha. Family knows best. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah, I confirmed that they were comfy the next day (I binned them, obviously) and they most likely continue to know best to this day :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending