The Student Room Group

Is rejection really that bad???

Come on people, tell me it's not...
Rejection is what life is all about.
Did you just get rejected? :console:

Everybody gets rejected at some point or another. Doesn't always have to be relationship wise but yeh
If you have been regretted a lot maybe. It depends on the person. I don't fear it so i wouldn't know. Some just need to get a grip
Reply 4
I feel terrible but gotta accept it. Life works that way.
It depends on who it is that's rejecting you.
Sh*t happens.
It's pretty damn bad not gonna lie..
Why should rejection be bad? At the end of the day, you don't know what success is until you met failure.

(Also, depending on the situation.... you might not have liked the relationship in the long term? Things happen for a reason.... There's something better in store I'm sure :biggrin: :biggrin: )
Reply 9
For some reason it really gets to you, particularly if your smitten. Mind you I think you can become used to blow outs if you go after a lot of girls, particularly if you have some successes. Just about everybody suffers.
It is that bad if you've been dating and sleeping with them for 3 months and then they turn around and say they don't want anything serious! Then when you decide to stop because it's (obviously) not going anywhere but they act like it is and say it was just a bit of fun. That's a massive slap in the face.
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
Did you just get rejected? :console:

Everybody gets rejected at some point or another. Doesn't always have to be relationship wise but yeh
I'm not quite sure :erm: Anyway it's something I'm absolutely terrified of though, I find it hard enough to garner the courage to make a move on a girl anyway :redface: but I have met a couple of guys at Uni who have experience with girls & they've said that they'd let me hang out with them & their friends to boost my confidence & stuff so hopefully that will help :smile:
Reply 12
Reply 13
Original post by Multitalented me
I'm not quite sure :erm: Anyway it's something I'm absolutely terrified of though, I find it hard enough to garner the courage to make a move on a girl anyway :redface: but I have met a couple of guys at Uni who have experience with girls & they've said that they'd let me hang out with them & their friends to boost my confidence & stuff so hopefully that will help :smile:

At first it's hard but eventually it gets easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Crystalclearmagic
Why should rejection be bad? At the end of the day, you don't know what success is until you met failure.

(Also, depending on the situation.... you might not have liked the relationship in the long term? Things happen for a reason.... There's something better in store I'm sure :biggrin: :biggrin: )
I dunno, I'd probably take it too personally or something :redface: so have to train my mind to realise that sometimes things are just not meant to be :moon:

Original post by Andy98
At first it's hard but eventually it gets easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I guess you just learn to cope with it better via experience :smile:
It shouldn't be about how often you get rejected, it should be about what you learn from it
It does feel like crap but its nothing you won't move on from.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
It sucks, but you must remember to always move on, take lesson from that (if there is any) and keep going. Don't dwell on that, don't despair for too long, it might eat you alive, it can destroy you but this is life. You live only once so don't let the rejection control your life, you still have plenty of opportunities, there is still so much to look forward to! Plus, time will heal every pain.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
No but betrayal is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending