The Student Room Group

How often do you visit home when you're at uni?

Me: twice, at Christmas and summer holiday. I'm an international student obviously. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I went home during the holidays and that was it. So christmas, easter and summer. I lived 2.5 hours from uni.
I absolutely hated Uni so I literally went home every weekend, needless to say I ended up leaving that dull place!!
My parents' house is about 1 hour away from my uni but I only go home at xmas (2 weeks), easter (2 weeks) and my summer annual leave (6 weeks) and even then I get bored there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
3/4 times a year, my uni city is now what I call home really
Reply 5
I only live a couple of hours from uni and i go home every 3/4 weeks then at holidays (so like 2/3 times a semester). I know some people that go home every weekend though and then some who don't even go home in the holidays - it varies so much.
Every weekend almost, as I only live 1 hour's tube journey away from home! :smile:
4 times in 6 months- Christmas and Easter and then one was for a black tie dinner I was going to and one was a friend who lives near me (Devon) and was going back home for a week end and asked If I wanted to tag along, I wasn't doing anything so I though why not?
Once so far. At christmas
Every weekend for work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Uni was my home, so never.
Its funny how different people feel in different places, im the exact opposite to you I absolutely hate my so called 'hometown', it was a absolute revelation to move away so whenever I come back its like opening up healed wounds.
My brother goes to uni about an hours drive from our house. He comes home every Friday night and stays until Sunday evening. (Although, let's be honest...it's so that he can get his washing done and refuel with some proper food! :rolleyes:)
Original post by Ratach

Me: twice, at Christmas and summer holiday. I'm an international student obviously. :smile:

Not at uni yet but I don't intend to leave London (Where I will be studying) at all, where possible. I don't have a real 'home' to go back to. Mum doesn't have a permanent address atm and haven't lived with my dad since I was 2...preferto jsut make uni my new home.
Original post by anywhereanyhow70
Its funny how different people feel in different places, im the exact opposite to you I absolutely hate my so called 'hometown', it was a absolute revelation to move away so whenever I come back its like opening up healed wounds.

Same. I despise where I live right now. Moving out to uni is going to be a breath of fresh air
You will feel a new chapter, its always best to move forward in new places.
Have to move out in the vacations so go home for 6 weeks at Christmas and Easter, and then 16 weeks for Summer. I only live an hour away by train so go back 2-4 times during term depending on my mood and stuff happening etc
Reply 17
Original post by anywhereanyhow70

100% agree. The thought of going back to my hometown is absolutely horrible to me! Doing everything I can to make sure I get to stay here over summer too :smile:
Every holiday, then once a term also. I can't handle staying in my university town for more than a few weeks at a time without getting very frustrated, but I can't go home more than that as it's 5 hours and nearly £100 away.
Went to my parents place for a few days over Christmas, going back again for summer but it'll probably be the last time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending