The Student Room Group

What are you attracted to?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TorpidPhil
Maths is not a science.

Perhaps not, but it's closely related. Some theories can be proved and disproved and it's in a different field from what I study, and would be therefore attracted to someone who studies Maths. Engineering is not a science either, but contains components of it, that's why I included it. I don't just mean I would be exclusively attracted to only those who studied physics, chemistry and biology.
Original post by AidenP
Hi people. I'm currently a journalism student writing an article about attraction. Please comment with your gender, orientation and what you find attractive in other people. Also, do you think there are certain things which everyone finds attractive? Can you make yourself more attractive to others if you tried?

female
straight
intelligence, a good sense of humour, taller than me, spontaneity is also really attractive and just all round being a fun guy

I have not got a great confidence in myself being attractive to others, but I'll always do my best and just put a make up on, wear nice clothes, just generally make more of an effort. It's weird I see attractiveness in other people as personality-based mainly, but visually in myself. Hadn't noticed that until this post.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lauramercier
Perhaps not, but it's closely related. Some theories can be proved and disproved and it's in a different field from what I study, and would be therefore attracted to someone who studies Maths. Engineering is not a science either, but contains components of it, that's why I included it. I don't just mean I would be exclusively attracted to only those who studied physics, chemistry and biology.

Does that include someone who studies formal logic and the philosophy of science then? :wink:
Reply 23
Female, heterosexual

I'm attracted to guys who are smart, witty, sarcastic, funny, easygoing, with off-color humor but not childish. Meaning, he knows when it's appropriate to make jokes and when to be serious. I also like people who knows what he wants, loves animals, is independent, lives life to the fullest, occasionally sweet and kisses me like I'm in a movie.

Have I found him? Yup :smile:

Look wise, I'd say bear-like guys.

The one certain thing a lot find attractive is people with confidence who aren't too snobby.
And I wouldn't change myself just to please someone but to do it for myself.
Does that include someone who studies formal logic and the philosophy of science then? :wink:

Like I said, anyone in a relatively different field to me, is what I would tend to be attracted to. And while I'm no expert in formal logic and the philosophy of science, it certainly sounds quite different to my degree and intriguing, so I guess I would count that too.
Original post by kka25
How do you mean by the sciencey types/scientific background?

They either work in a scientific field or have studied science at college or uni. Even just having an interest in science is a good start though.
Original post by lauramercier
Like I said, anyone in a relatively different field to me, is what I would tend to be attracted to. And while I'm no expert in formal logic and the philosophy of science, it certainly sounds quite different to my degree and intriguing, so I guess I would count that too.

Lol, good :tongue:
Original post by AidenP
Hi people. I'm currently a journalism student writing an article about attraction. Please comment with your gender, orientation and what you find attractive in other people. Also, do you think there are certain things which everyone finds attractive? Can you make yourself more attractive to others if you tried?

Female, heterosexualish.

I'm attracted to guys who have dark hair, stubble, broad shoulders and are tall. I find it really unattractive when it seems as if they spend too long thinking about their appearance - so no artfully tanned gym bunnies with perfectly sculpted abs but on the other hand I find a natural tan from working outside hot, while working out for strength and health is great. Character-wise, intelligence is a must, useful and interesting skills, sense of humour and a very open mind and willingness to try new things. It's important that he gets on with and understands my parents and family. I can't handle anyone who is excessive slobbish after I had a 4 year relationship with the messiest guy on earth.
Reply 28
Thanks for all this guys, now just another quick question, what do you think your desired gender would find attractive about your gender?
male straight

pale skin, ponytails, legs, bangs
Reply 30
1. Male, straight

2. Short girls, around 5"3, Light eyes, Slightly thick long hair (up to shoulder at least), Light eyes, enjoys having fun/laughing intelligent.
Nothing turns me on more than if a girl says she's never had a boyfriend
Reply 31
Original post by AidenP
Thanks for all this guys, now just another quick question, what do you think your desired gender would find attractive about your gender?

My hair, my green eyes, long eyelashes, and my personality.
Female, 18, I'm very open with my sexuality and don't rule out anybody-however I'm usually attracted to girls and for simplicity in a day to day setting identify as a lesbian.
Currently in a ldr with a girl from another country, I've learned brushing my hair before a Skype call tends to make me more attractive?������������
Attracted to-kindness, intelligence, quirkiness, mature yet silly people with passion for something, who want to travel, who want to make the world a better place, typical romantic things, people who are open/honest about what they think/feel and are able to consider things from others' point of views

As for what the other desired gender is attracted to-for me it's usually that I'm quite sure of myself and what I want that seems to attract people, I'm not particularly pretty but I get approached in public a lot so I think it's a lot to do with the way I carry myself?
(edited 9 years ago)
I like tall, skinny girls with fair hair and complexion.
Original post by AidenP

Orientation: Straight...
Attracted to: great sense of humour, doesn't take himself too seriously, presence, intelligence, thoughtfulness, tactfulness (always undervalued), good manners (ditto), considerate, not arrogant or self-entitled (automatically rules out most guys I know), willpower, determination, intelligence, emotional maturity (ditto to above), imaginative, musical, creative, passionate and willing to invest themselves in something on an emotional level), sincere, kind, loving, open, honest, at least 6ft (pref. taller), hardworking, ambitious (within reason), curiosity, fun, positive, broad shouldered, athletic build, great smile, high cheekbones and great bone structure, striking/expressive/deep eyes (don't care what colour)... compatible on every level including sexual stuff...

Basically anyone who is like my bf but don't think any guy is gonna top that. :biggrin:
Female

Heterosexual

Sweet guy, funny.

Physically, um nothing much. Being over 5"8. That's because I'm really tall :P

It's so cool that you're doing journalism btw :O
Maths is not a science.

It kind of is because Physics is a science and Physics is literally made up of maths.
Interested to see intelligence as being so important...I personally would rather be the more intelligent one in the relationship by a noticeable margin, but with her still being of a high level, just not quite at mine.

Beyond that, I am attracted to girls who are romantic, dreamy, optimistic, tight of ass, caring, adventurous, list goes on.
Original post by German123
It kind of is because Physics is a science and Physics is literally made up of maths.

Computing is made up of logic, doesn't make computing philosophy.
Computing is made up of logic, doesn't make computing philosophy.

Yes but we all know that maths is a science because of physics. This should not even be a debate.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending