The Student Room Group

Would you ever marry someone outside of your religion/culture/background?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
You seem to find literally any excuse to say that.

Some do, some don't. Stop making to out like no white girl will ever date you, because the reason they're aren't dating you probably isn't because you're east Asian, it's probably because you feel sorry for yourself and mope. Sorry if that was harsh, but seriously man suck it up.

But I have never seen a white girl/Oriental guy couple in real life. Haven't you said in a thread before that you don't find Oriental guys attractive? :eyeball: A lot of white girls would say "oh I don't find Oriental guys attractive but I'm sure loads of others do". But when most have that mentality then very little or none of them would actually go for an Oriental guy.
Reply 21
religion - no
background/culture - probably
Original post by Mr Smurf
Yes (I'm not religious anyway), yes and yes since I'm an Oriental guy who heavily prefers white girls. They don't like Oriental guys though. :frown:

You're worse than me with all that self pity. :yy:

What's funny is that I'm a tall white guy, blond hair and blue eyes I got nothin'
(edited 9 years ago)
But I have never seen a white girl/Oriental guy couple in real life. Haven't you said in a thread before that you don't find Oriental guys attractive? :eyeball: A lot of white girls would say "oh I don't find Oriental guys attractive but I'm sure loads of others do". But when most have that mentality then very little or none of them would actually go for an Oriental guy.

I've seen loads of white/oriental couples both ways round male/female. But then again Liverpool has quite a large eat Asian population.

No I never said that, in fact I said I have found east Asian men attractive.
I've seen loads of white/oriental couples both ways round male/female. But then again Liverpool has quite a large eat Asian population.

No I never said that, in fact I said I have found east Asian men attractive.

So does London and I have never seen such a couple where the guy is Oriental and the girl is white. Not even in a place like London's Chinatown.

Did a quick search and although you didn't mention any specific races you said you don't know anyone from a different race you are attracted to. :dontknow:
Religion could only be a problem if they're militant at it, if they're just casual theists then I don't see it being a problem.
So does London and I have never seen such a couple where the guy is Oriental and the girl is white. Not even in a place like London's Chinatown.

Did a quick search and although you didn't mention any specific races you said you don't know anyone from a different race you are attracted to. :dontknow:

Well oh well, doesn't mean they don't exist.

No I have specifically said to you before (in yet another thread where you brought up how white girls hate you) that I have been attracted to a couple of east Asians in the past. I no longer really know anyone of a different race who I'm attracted to no, in the past I knew a few.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

What's funny is that I'm a tall white guy, blond hair and blue eyes I got nothin'

It's because you don't put yourself out there man! :smile:
It's because you don't put yourself out there man! :smile:

I'm too sacred :sad:

Plus I'm kind of embarrassed about my life situation at the moment. Living at home unemployed with parents doesn't exactly look very attractive :erm:
That's what i actively seek to be honest.
I'm too sacred :sad:

Plus I'm kind of embarrassed about my life situation at the moment. Living at home unemployed with parents doesn't exactly look very attractive :erm:

Honestly, you're young and A LOT of people still live with their parents at your age and even older because of the economic climate right now.

Don't let something so silly hold you back. As for being unemployed that can change too, I'd date an unemployed person so long as they were actively seeking work or at least not being lazy, which I know you aren't.

It's all very well and good me telling you all this, but I know in the end it comes down to nerves. It sucks, but you can push through it.
(edited 9 years ago)
I would love to marry someone from a different culture, background and religion, it's one of my goals in life. It would bring even more diversity into the family. It's wonderful to discover ways of living, beliefs countries etc that you didn't know much about previously. As long as their not radical religion wise
This thread will soon get messy

You have a winning combination right there

Try being average height, brown skin, ugly, black eyes and black hair 😩

Tbh I actively seek to date outside my culture and background
Religion- no
Culture- sure
Reply 35
Original post by T94
Nah, it's too messy.

religion can get a little weird because of families, traditions, etc...
although i personally don't see race or background as an issue.

may sound a little naive but if you both love each other, who cares?
you must consider that people are people, regardless of where they come from.

some of the best people in the world come from a great variety of backgrounds - it might get difficult, but can you really expect huge life impacts like this to be simple and easy?

Original post by DeadGirlsDance
No

pfffft, white girls :wink:

Spoiler

Reply 36
Original post by Lúcio
religion can get a little weird because of families, traditions, etc...
although i personally don't see race or background as an issue.

may sound a little naive but if you both love each other, who cares?
you must consider that people are people, regardless of where they come from.

some of the best people in the world come from a great variety of backgrounds - it might get difficult, but can you really expect huge life impacts like this to be simple and easy?

pfffft, white girls :wink:

Spoiler

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear from my previous post but I meant I wouldn't marry outside of my religion. As soon as I saw religion I jumped the gun and commented straight away without reading the rest of the title, then I couldn't be bothered to edit my post. :smile:

I'd definitely marry outside of my culture though, without hesitation.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by T94
Sorry if I didn't make myself clear from my previous post but I meant I wouldn't marry outside of my religion. As soon as I saw religion I jumped the gun and commented straight away without reading the rest of the title, then I couldn't be bothered to edit my post. :smile:

I'd definitely marry outside of my culture though, without hesitation.

no that's cool man, don't worry - i wasn't disrespecting you or anything; whatever you said was your opinion and you have an absolute right to have it :smile:

if i'm honest, religion wouldn't put me off personally but i could understand how and why it could get messy, especially if the girl was fairly religious herself or if her family were strict about it.

i was christened as a child but i deem myself an atheist, so religion isn't a big deal to me.
i just understand that people are different in many ways and it doesn't make them necessarily better or worse.
Honestly, you're young and A LOT of people still live with their parents at your age and even older because of the economic climate right now.

Don't let something so silly hold you back. As for being unemployed that can change too, I'd date an unemployed person so long as they were actively seeking work or at least not being lazy, which I know you aren't.

It's all very well and good me telling you all this, but I know in the end it comes down to nerves. It sucks, but you can push through it.

:ninja:

The last time I asked someone out was last August. The cringe :argh: I get the urge crawl out of my own skin just thinking about it :tongue: There is a new girl turned up at the volunteering I do but she goes back to Denmark in June and she already has a boyfriend back home :fuhrer: We spent a sizable amount of last week talking about nuclear fusion :moon: Is good to actually talk to someone :indiff:
(edited 9 years ago)
:ninja:

The last time I asked someone out was last August. The cringe :argh: I get the urge crawl out of my own skin just thinking about it :tongue: There is a new girl turned up at the volunteering I do but she goes back to Denmark in June and she already has a boyfriend back home :fuhrer: We spent a sizable amount of last week talking about nuclear fusion :moon: Is good to actually talk to someone :indiff:

What is it with you and girls from other countries? :tongue:

I'd give up on her, not a great option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending