The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mostly questions about your past health, try and work out when you had any major childhood diseases and/or innoculations beforehand. Have you ever broken any bones, of so which ones, when and how. Have you ever had..... list of ilnesses, diseases. Strip to your underwear, get poked and prodded to make sure everything is in the right place, check you have the standard issue number of limbs, not hiding any scars (ie operations) etc. Check blood pressure, pulse rate, breathing. No tricks, all very standard.
Reply 2
Ah thanks...alteast I know what to expect now.

Thanks again, Andrew
Reply 3
You forgot the Urine Sample also :wink: Height and Weight. Hearing test, Eye Sight test. That sort of stuff.
Reply 4
Is drop and cough compulsary? I got told by the Doc who did it to me it was, yet I spoke to other people who hadn't had it!? Just wondering.
Reply 5
djmarkmclachlan
Is drop and cough compulsary? I got told by the Doc who did it to me it was, yet I spoke to other people who hadn't had it!? Just wondering.

maybe he just fancies you :wink:
haha djmark, did he give you a wee wink after? Dont worry mate i got it when i was down too, never really understood what its for exactly? To see whether you can follow orders?
Reply 8
i lied on a bed and she placed her hand slightly centre of me hipbones and asked me to cough! so no touching naughty bits lol
Reply 9
Miker
i lied on a bed and she placed her hand slightly centre of me hipbones and asked me to cough! so no touching naughty bits lol

:eek:
Same here.
Reply 10
Yoof the Fifer
haha djmark, did he give you a wee wink after? Dont worry mate i got it when i was down too, never really understood what its for exactly? To see whether you can follow orders?

LMAO. No! You've got to be blonde lol.

It's to check for lumps or anything irregular. I didn't need it 'cause I was up the clinic every few weeks anyway but he told me to drop 'em so I did. It was very much touching 'nuaghty bits' for me though - he was getting in about 'em.

I wasn't bothered though. I got it twice, by two different male doctors. :biggrin:
I'm no medic so may be wrong here, but as I understood it there are two major locations for hernias, in the groin/lower abdomen - abdominal hernias, or testicular hernias. Docs are generally checking for abdominal hernias (on males and females). Most presume that a bloke is going to comment if he suddenly finds a third one down below - but some Docs don't trust you and check for themselves!
Reply 12
I have hyper mobility in my joints. Whilst playing American Football for my university team I dislocated my shoulder. It has happened a few times since. I am waiting for an operation to help this, but I was wondering if it would prevent me from passing the medical examination? Thanks. Andy.
djmarkmclachlan
LMAO. No! You've got to be blonde lol.

It's to check for lumps or anything irregular. I didn't need it 'cause I was up the clinic every few weeks anyway but he told me to drop 'em so I did. It was very much touching 'nuaghty bits' for me though - he was getting in about 'em.

I wasn't bothered though. I got it twice, by two different male doctors. :biggrin:

lol, just read this, cant believe djmark thought i was being serious! Ah you crack me up mate lol. :biggrin:

and since you mentioned it, im a brunette actually (flutters eyelashes in a flirting manner) :wink:
Reply 14
Is that a Mars bar in your pocket? :wink:
Reply 15
amp21
I have hyper mobility in my joints. Whilst playing American Football for my university team I dislocated my shoulder. It has happened a few times since. I am waiting for an operation to help this, but I was wondering if it would prevent me from passing the medical examination? Thanks. Andy.

Ask your AFCO, no-one here is qualified to answer.
Hey i was woundering if someone could help me. Im wanting to join the RAF to be a medic and want to know if my asthma will effect me passing the medical? It doesnt effect my fitness anymore and want to know if they will still see it as a problem? I haven't had an attack since I was eight, which was 10 years ago and am worried in case they will penalize me for this....I want this so much and i just hope that nothing gets in my way. SOMEONE HELP!! :smile: thanks x
Use the search - this is posted about weekly here. 4 years clear is what they ask for. Look at the advice given to people who have had inhalers.
I'm guessing I'm screwed then?

It's been my childhood dream to become a pilot, now I found out this genetic crap (asthma, sinus arrhythmia) is gonna stop me. So much for "Aim high" / "Anything is possible" :rolleyes:
Original post by djmm

no...they ask you to cough whilst fondling the area above your balls...(just above penis)

they then fondle your balls and check for things like cancer/hernia etc.

Latest