The Student Room Group

Changing University. Help?

Hi, I’m currently studying in my first year at University. I’m looking to change university due to being pretty unhappy with how my first year is gone, and what I anticipated University to be like. My campus is very small, and disconnected from the main campus, the town is pretty dull so I find myself bored during my free time, plus I’m pretty far away from my family back home.Anyway, I want to change courses (sports journalism to journalism) but that will probably mean I have to start the first year again in September. I’ve called up a few unis today that I liked the look of and they said apply through UCAS, I’ve just checked the UCAS website and they say the deadline for the UCAS applications is the 15th January. At around that time, I didn’t think I would want to be moving university.I don’t want to reapply and go next year (2016) as I’ll be years above the other 1st year students. Is there any way that I can study a journalism course in September 2015??PLEASE HELP!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
And I don't really want to go through clearing...
Original post by Dan1803
And I don't really want to go through clearing...

whats wrong with clearing?
Reply 3
Original post by pleasehelpmee
whats wrong with clearing?

I want to sort out the situation far earlier than that.
im kinda in the same position as you. im in first year but want to change next year to another uni and restart my course. fortunately i decided this at christmas so i was able to hand in the ucas application and receive 4 out of 5 offer.

you also want to restart uni, however you've missed the deadline and i'm afraid its too late for a sept 2015 entry. just think about all those a level students that have applied on time and received offers already. most uni are probably filled up already. youre best bit would be to contact ucas and explain your situation and see if they will allow you to apply to uni through ucas extra. then that way you can have a bash at clearing because right now i dont think you can even apply through clearing without a ucas application.
Original post by Dan1803
Hi, I’m currently studying in my first year at University. I’m looking to change university due to being pretty unhappy with how my first year is gone, and what I anticipated University to be like. My campus is very small, and disconnected from the main campus, the town is pretty dull so I find myself bored during my free time, plus I’m pretty far away from my family back home.Anyway, I want to change courses (sports journalism to journalism) but that will probably mean I have to start the first year again in September. I’ve called up a few unis today that I liked the look of and they said apply through UCAS, I’ve just checked the UCAS website and they say the deadline for the UCAS applications is the 15th January. At around that time, I didn’t think I would want to be moving university.I don’t want to reapply and go next year (2016) as I’ll be years above the other 1st year students. Is there any way that I can study a journalism course in September 2015??PLEASE HELP!

you can apply through extra now. You can only add one university at a time, so if one university makes an offer you either have to accept it or decline it. You need to email universities and see if they are still taking applications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending