The Student Room Group

Changing course before results day

I have manchester as my firm choice and the course i applied for which is criminology requires AAB. i want to change my course however to crimonlgoy and sociology, and this has requirments of ABB. i have not sat the exams yet. is it possible to change courses before getting my results and will they change mu offer to ABB?
Reply 1
Original post by evaadenizz
I have manchester as my firm choice and the course i applied for which is criminology requires AAB. i want to change my course however to crimonlgoy and sociology, and this has requirments of ABB. i have not sat the exams yet. is it possible to change courses before getting my results and will they change mu offer to ABB?

The best thing is to email/phone and ask! (Or see if one of the uni reps will respond) but from the experience of my friend, who had a similar thing at another university, he found speaking to someone gave him clear answers. To change courses within a university, you can speak to the university directly. There are no guarantees with this but if they agree, they'll let Ucas know, who will update Ucas for you. That's what they did for one of my friends but sometimes they can make you wait until results day, reject the offer then go through clearing. It depends on the university.

I don't go to Manchester so I can't give you clear answers about that but that's as much as i know if it's any help :smile: Normally phoning them is the best thing to do for you and get first hang advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending