The Student Room Group

Is this really how people are?

Despite being in my final year of university, I haven't had friends or any social circle in years. I downloaded Yik Yak (lets you talk anonymously with people near you, many students use it). Do normal people do anything other than:

>talking about upcoming nights out clubbing
>clubbing
>talking about previous nights out clubbing
>watching netflix

This is what I have found from using Yik Yak. Also when I see people talk about getting in to relationships, all I can feel is that, in comparison with myself, where I probably feel like an old kid, I feel like normies are just old kids who "play adult". They all have one night stands and friends with benefits etc yet act like their relationships are special...despite no one being a christian and the fact that they're aged 20 - 22, won't get married for at least another 8 years, and the relationship won't last for more than a few months. Yet there seems to be some really pious pride they get from this.

Does anyone else see this? It's like people, females in particular, swallow their lifestyle choices from Gossip Girl / whatever soap operas are on tv.

Also it's exam time and on Yik Yak there's a giant amount of people talking about "uni stress" etc... I think that sums it up, it's like people try to live up to the media perpetuated stereotypes.
people actually are that way exept they do more than clubbing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending