The Student Room Group

shy with boyfriend around people we know

well he's not exactly my boyfriend yet but we are dating and he seems pretty serious. Im in Yr 12 and he's in Yr 13.
We met through a theatre club outside school and I feel really bad cause I sorta blank him a little when we are there. I get really shy around people knowing my private life and I really like him, but I don't want to make it weird with people that I have known for years knowing we are dating. How do I get over it? How do I tell people?
This is my first experience of dating so I am trying to figure things out
Reply 1
It's not nice to blank him so do talk to him, but you could start by doing little things like sitting with him. You could also tell your friends that you're going out and stuff, do this when going out or over text - it doesn't have to be anything fancy - your friends will probably be really curious and stuff but it's not going to be anything bad.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
It's not nice to blank him so do talk to him, but you could start by doing little things like sitting with him. You could also tell your friends that you're going out and stuff, do this when going out or over text - it doesn't have to be anything fancy - your friends will probably be really curious and stuff but it's not going to be anything bad.

Like I don't blank him blank him, like he says hi and I dont
Its just we aren't initiating many conversations...
I've told one close friend but not the others yet
Thank you for your advice :smile:
Reply 3
Have you discussed it with him to get his thoughts on other people knowing? How long have you been dating and when do you think it may become official?
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Have you discussed it with him to get his thoughts on other people knowing? How long have you been dating and when do you think it may become official?

For a month, but I am taking things slowly cause its my first time dating

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending