The Student Room Group

Rubbish As grades and a failure in life

Hi, I have sat 5 out of 7 of my as exams, and believe I have got C grades and below on all of them, despite hard revision. Some I ran out of time, and others, like my geography one today, I panicked. I guess my question is, If I Co e out with the following grades, what are my predicted grades for a2 likely to be?

Geography D
History C
English Lit D
Psychology C

I know they won't be good, but I really wanted to got to a decent uni amd now I am screwed. Plus, we can't resit becuase of the changes to a levels this year, so my life will be officially pointless!!!
do an access course. there is a way back (to a "crappier" uni, well it's better than nothing)
With CCDD you can get predictions BBCC if that is possible from your college. With BBCC you can get into pretty decent universities and you might have a shot at Queen Mary which is a Russell Group. I know people who had bad AS grades first year (if you consider C/D/E grades as bad) who managed to get offers from UCL, King's and Queen Mary.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fungirl16
Hi, I have sat 5 out of 7 of my as exams, and believe I have got C grades and below on all of them, despite hard revision. Some I ran out of time, and others, like my geography one today, I panicked. I guess my question is, If I Co e out with the following grades, what are my predicted grades for a2 likely to be?

Geography D
History C
English Lit D
Psychology C

I know they won't be good, but I really wanted to got to a decent uni amd now I am screwed. Plus, we can't resit becuase of the changes to a levels this year, so my life will be officially pointless!!!

Dont stress just yet, results are not out and I can gaurentee you are probably panicking (much like I did) because the exam didn't go as well as expected, just wait till summer, you may surprise yourself.

But there are always things you can do, you can learn from the mistakes such as time and revision you mentioned you had this year next year, and do a few resits if your grades are not as good as you wanted.

Remember you can always get predicted a grade higher than the one you achieve at AS (depending on your college) so you you may still be able to be competitive for some universities.

A little case study here, but one of my mates from work got BCCD at AS, He managed to with those AS grades and predictions of ABB get an offer from manchester for Law and is now about to graduate with a first class degree in law, He went on to get AAA at A2!!!

dont stress, you will learn from your mistakes!

Quick Reply

Latest