The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Er...I'm not sure. Take it back to the shop and get them to do it? Wave a fridge magnet at it?
Reply 2
what does it connect to on the bottle? didnt it set the alarms off when you walked out with it? :eek:
Reply 3
dh00001
what does it connect to on the bottle? didnt it set the alarms off when you walked out with it? :eek:

You can't see in the pic but there is a fairly thick wire around the neck of the bottle.

And nope it didn't set the alarm off :confused:
Reply 4
Ha ha! You shoukd take it to a shop with the receipt and get them to take it off. :smile:
Reply 5
I bought it in Bolton and now I'm in Nottingham for the next 3 months, and I didn't keep the receipt :mad:
Reply 6
make a very small hole somehow (lol) at the bottom of the bottle - and tip it into some sorta container - and then into one of the many empty bottles im sure you have :p: If you've still got the reciept then they cant really argue with you if you go against my advice (lol) and take it back.
Reply 7
Rolli!
I bought it in Bolton and now I'm in Nottingham for the next 3 months, and I didn't keep the receipt :mad:

your stuck with my suggestion then :cool:
Reply 8
well now you know if ever you want to nick anything from a shop put it in a tin :wink:
i would imagine if you could fit a pair of pliers or wire cutters around it that would get it off. if not im sure a very sharp knife would do the job such as a stanley
Reply 9
Cant you unscrew the lid away? If not, id try pliers or something. Careful you dont break the glass tho :P

EDIT: Btw, if thats glenfiddich, then its a Whisky not a Whiskey, just to be pedantic :smile:
Reply 10
If you take it back to the shop, they might try and say you just drank the one you bought and took another off the shelf. Have you tried tin snips? Go to a local DIY shop, find where they sell chain and borrow the cutters they have there :p:
Reply 11
Rolli!

What shop did you buy it from? If it's one of the supermarkets or somewhere like Threshers, you should be able to take it to ANY store of their chain with a receipt and they'll remove it.
Reply 12
Rolli!

Slight problem- no receipt..
Reply 13
Rolli!
I bought a bottle of whiskey yesterday and just took it out of the tin to find that it still has the security tag on.

So, how the hell do I take it off, am I going to need to buy bolt cutters or something? (pic attatched)

Bought... or...?
Reply 14
cRaig
Cant you unscrew the lid away? If not, id try pliers or something. Careful you dont break the glass tho :P

EDIT: Btw, if thats glenfiddich, then its a Whisky not a Whiskey, just to be pedantic :smile:

You are so right! I hate that too.
Reply 15
Nessyfencer
You are so right! I hate that too.

Heh. Glad its not just me:smile:
Reply 16
Cock. I even quoted that :redface:
Reply 17
Mad Vlad
Cock. I even quoted that :redface:

Eh?
Reply 18
cRaig
Heh. Glad its not just me:smile:

*thumbs up*
Reply 19
Nessyfencer
Eh?

Vlad was saying they OP could take it back to any branch of a national chain with a receipt, he didnt see the bit about the OP not having one. Very suspicious if you ask me..:p:

Latest

Trending

Trending