The Student Room Group

Girls 16 - 21, would you prefer an older guys (30s) to be honest about his age?

If you met a guy who you were attracted to but, but it turned out he was early to mid 30s (but didn't look his age), would you prefer him to be honest about his age right away?

I'm in that age range and mostly date and hook up with girls 16 - 21. I'm not sure whether to mention my age right away or whether to not mention it until later. I never lie about my age if asked, and I believe the foundation of all successful relationships is honesty, trust and respect.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm 16 and personally find it unacceptable to be with someone who is 5+ years older than me. However, I guess it all depends on the age of the girl and the age difference between you two, although I do think the fairest thing to do is to mention your age straight away.
Erw man pick on someone your own size.

Leave the kids alone.
Reply 3
Wait... you go out with 16 year olds?
wow this is so creepy. yes obviously you should be honest about your age.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is a difference with a 21 year old being with someone in their 30's and a 16 year old being with someone in their 30's. As still as 16 year old I would maybe look at a man in the street and think he was attractive, but never ever pursue it if I could clearly tell he was older than me. There is just something a little wrong about a 16 year old and a 30+ year old.
as a 33 year old who can still pass for his mid 20s i can categorically tell you.

There is no way in hell I'd date a 16 year old.

23 is pushing it as far as im concerned
Well yes. Why would you lie about your age. Everyone prefers someone who doesn't lie to them.

16-18 year old girls are children :frown:
When you turn 18 you think you're old because you can legally do things but in reality you still are very much a child.
You've also said "hook up" which is fine if it's a relationship between two consenting mature adults but these are young teenagers who have not reached the emotional maturity to see anything as just a "hook up". Please date and hook up with people your own age.
As an 18 year old who has dated/hooked up with people significantly older than myself I can tell you in all honesty it causes a lot more problems and emotional issues than it's worth. I find it really sad when young girls get themselves into these relationships in which the guy rarely sees the female as his equal.
Obviously there are some exceptions but they are exceptions not the rule.
You should know better.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Dude.... don't go lower than 22. It's just creepy.
So, if he lies about his age, what else is he hiding?
Are you like an ageist or something?

I'm 17 in a few weeks and I wouldn't date anyone who was more than 4 years older than me. I think maybe at 21 if I was single I'd be ok with dating someone over 30 but as a 16 year old, never
Reply 11
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Are you like an ageist or something?

Not at all. I think women can be attractive at any age if they look after themselves, and I would date or hook up with someone my age or older if I found them attractive and if we had the right chemistry (well, not TOO old like 60 or 70 or something). I tend to be more attracted to younger women though, particularly that age group.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Neil2BD
Not at all. I think women can be attractive at any age if they look after themselves (well, not TOO old like 60 or 70 or something). I tend to be more attracted to younger women though, particularly that age group.

The thought of 30 something year old men sitting around and talking about how attractive (for example since I fit into that age range) me and my friends were, I would be beyond creped. What would be people saying if it was a 16 year old girl stating she only likes men 29-34 or something like that people would be saying all sorts to her
Reply 13
Original post by holly1798
The thought of 30 something year old men sitting around and talking about how attractive (for example since I fit into that age range) me and my friends were, I would be beyond creped. What would be people saying if it was a 16 year old girl stating she only likes men 29-34 or something like that people would be saying all sorts to her

I tend not to concern myself with what other people think about me. I find life is easier when you don't let other people dictate how you live your life. If you spend your life always worrying about what other people think about you, you'll never be happy.
First of all, that is creepy as hell, as a 19yr old I would never date someone over 25, and I think there's no way 16-18yr olds should be dating people that old, and why anyone over the age of 20 would want to date someone that isn't even legally an adult and is at a completely different maturity level/point in life is just weird to be honest.

Secondly... I'm kinda questioning why you're on this website as a 30+ year old man when its mainly used by people aged 15-25...
Original post by Neil2BD
I tend not to concern myself with what other people think about me. I find life is easier when you don't let other people dictate how you live your life. If you spend your life always worrying about what other people think about you, you'll never be happy.

What about the girls you talk to? What about their happiness? This is actually really upsetting me. You are giving no consideration to the long term emotional wellbeing of these very young girls you are messing with and how your actions may effect them. Trust me it will effect them. People are saying no to this for very good reasons but you don't seem to care which is very selfish. Go for girls that are emotional mature instead of causing (you can call me melodramatic but whatever) emotional trauma in underage girls.
It's wrong.
I don't understand

When you're getting to know each other don't you both ask each other whether you're in uni/go to work etc.?

And how would girls date a man if they didn't know how old he was??? :cry2: my poor lil head.

The thought of a 16 year old with someone who is 33 is quite concerning imho.
Original post by Neil2BD

"don't let other people dictate how you live your life" what if they are telling your something is wrong, which this subject kind of is, are you just going to ignore it?
This is so odd.
Original post by Crystalz
What about the girls you talk to? What about their happiness? This is actually really upsetting me. You are giving no consideration to the long term emotional wellbeing of these very young girls you are messing with and how your actions may effect them. Trust me it will effect them. People are saying no to this for very good reasons but you don't seem to care which is very selfish. Go for girls that are emotional mature instead of causing (you can call me melodramatic but whatever) emotional trauma in underage girls.
It's wrong.

PRSOM!

You speak the truth.

Latest

Trending

Trending