The Student Room Group

Don't want to go to Insurance

Hi there,

Just wondering what the procedure is on results day. I might miss my firm offer and in that case I will want to be released from my Insurance (quite a bit lower than my firm) so I can have the opportunity to getting into slightly better universities.

If I miss my firm offer, do I need to ring up my insurance and ask them to release me so I end up in clearing? Then have the opportunity to ring other universities?
Original post by SophF_rth
Hi there,

Just wondering what the procedure is on results day. I might miss my firm offer and in that case I will want to be released from my Insurance (quite a bit lower than my firm) so I can have the opportunity to getting into slightly better universities.

If I miss my firm offer, do I need to ring up my insurance and ask them to release me so I end up in clearing? Then have the opportunity to ring other universities?

If you wait then yes that is what you'll have to do.

But you don't have to wait.

If you know now that you have no intention of taking up your place with your insurance - ring them up now and let them know that. You'll go into results with just a Firm and if they reject you then you're straight into Clearing.
Original post by SophF_rth
Hi there,

Yes exactly that, you call up your insurance and ask them to release you into clearing do that you have no pending offers
Original post by cherryred90s
Yes exactly that, you call up your insurance and ask them to release you into clearing do that you have no pending offers

It isn't a good idea to wait for results to do this.

Getting placed into clearing when you're committed to a university can take anything from 24 hours to 2 weeks of phone calls...that is a LONG time in clearing.
Original post by PQ
It isn't a good idea to wait for results to do this.

Getting placed into clearing when you're committed to a university can take anything from 24 hours to 2 weeks of phone calls...that is a LONG time in clearing.

True, if OP is certain on not going to the insurance, she should call ASAP but if unsure, she should wait
Reply 5

Original post by cherryred90s
x

Okay thanks, i'll get to this after my exams :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending