The Student Room Group

Guys, would you rather date Girl A or Girl B?

Scroll to see replies

Girl B sounds like a bitch for having to start a thread where she feels the need to talk about all her qualities in order to feel better about herself, at least Girl A isn't running us with this **** smh
Reply 21
I think the fact you wrote this post in a pretty mean way against girl A and really arrogant way about yourself shows a personality that isnt really desirable.
Original post by Anonymous
Girl A understands sarcasm and irony in that she gets it but she won't ever tease people and is overly nice which makes people find her annoying IMO. Why is not wearing make up a good thing? Also, she's sporty but she does stuff like lift weights and dance which mean shes slim but muscular and a bit masculine.

Why does B sound pretentious/have bad traits

Girl B has clearly been written to be the "individual, different sassy chick" as the antagonist to the "goody-girl plain jane" of girl A. The fact alone that it's written as if girl B is better than girl A, is pretentious.

It's also kind of pretentious (and honestly, bizarre) to look down on somebody just because they're nice to people! It's not uncommon though. Just that usually people who do that are actually insecure and trying to prove something.
Original post by Moura
I think the fact you wrote this post in a pretty mean way against girl A and really arrogant way about yourself shows a personality that isnt really desirable.

Yep, exactly. I agree.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
Yes, we have tings in common, so I think we would make a good couple.
I do like adorable things, yes.

thanks, so not B because you don't have much in common?
Original post by e aí rapaz
Girl B has clearly been written to be the "individual, different sassy chick" as the antagonist to the "goody-girl plain jane" of girl A. The fact alone that it's written as if girl B is better than girl A, is pretentious.

It's also kind of pretentious (and honestly, bizarre) to look down on somebody just because they're nice to people! It's not uncommon though. Just that usually people who do that are actually insecure and trying to prove something.

Well maybe I am a bit insecure can you blame me when society always says being feminine and not doing your own thing at all is attractive in girls?? I didn't choose to be born tall with not much boobs but someone already said I sounded ugly, I can't even cut and dye my hair without being insulted (though I do get compliments from random guys too) so who is sticking up for me?

She's never gonna read this thread and some of my friends are on TSR true but that is why I am anon

Ignoring the bias if you had to choose 1 would it still be A?
Original post by HarrySchorah
Girl B sounds like a bitch for having to start a thread where she feels the need to talk about all her qualities in order to feel better about herself, at least Girl A isn't running us with this **** smh

Moura

see my post to ei ai rapaz. also the word "desirable" is only ever given to women who conform so Im not fussed about it TBH
thanks, so not B because you don't have much in common?

From what I read I wouldn't be attracted to her at all so no to female B.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
From what I read I wouldn't be attracted to her at all so no to female B.

why? be honest :smile:
Reply 29
see my post to ei ai rapaz. also the word "desirable" is only ever given to women who conform so Im not fussed about it TBH

Lol no. Desirable means whether you find someone attractive either physically or mentally. I find my boyfriend desirable. If you have an issue with the word desirable then I'll put it another way. Bitchiness, meanness and arrogance are generally not attractive traits, in both men and women.
Well maybe I am a bit insecure can you blame me when society always says being feminine and not doing your own thing at all is attractive in girls?? I didn't choose to be born tall with not much boobs but someone already said I sounded ugly, I can't even cut and dye my hair without being insulted (though I do get compliments from random guys too) so who is sticking up for me?

She's never gonna read this thread and some of my friends are on TSR true but that is why I am anon

Ignoring the bias if you had to choose 1 would it still be A?

It's not the bias, it's the negativity, which is difficult to ignore.

You said you've graduated, so you're obviously not a child any more, so you should know that to most adults, who you date is as much about personality as it is looks. Okay, so it may be a little more difficult to meet somebody if you're not conventionally good-looking, but it's far from impossible. I'd be far more turned off by somebody's negative attitude than whether they have big or small boobs. I'm not into that whole Jack Dee "hate everybody" shtick.

OP just be yourself, and try to be happy.
Original post by TorpidPhil
No. I overlooked that. I thought since you were sort of whining about girl B having a 2:2 (which is really not that big of a deal) that girl A had better than a 2:2 and was private educated too. Basically the more intelligent the girl the better, but obviously grades don't indicate intelligence well at all; I wouldn't ask 'so what grade did you get in your degree', it would be obvious how intelligent she was rather quickly into a relationship.

Well some fairly stupid guys think gamer girls are essentially stereotypical lesbian but other than that it would just be shared common interest. Good if the shared interest exists, irrelevant if it doesn't.

Model like body? Aka, tall and underweight. Horribly unattractive body imo. I prefer short and athletic women. Although tall and athletic is good too. Being skinny-fat is pretty gross though. It would be more attractive to be overweight than skinny-fat. Long hair > shoulder length hair with highlights.

I like the artiness a lot. But being moral, being nice to others and constantly happy/pleasant to be around is more important. Also, I don't really like flirty girls because I don't care for that *******s. But then I also said I don't care much for humour in a girl. Life's funny in and of itself, you don't need a 'funny person' to make shared experiences amusing.

While I like intelligent make-up usage girl B comes off as OTT and too much of an attention diva from your description. Lipstick use for example should be fairly conservative and very infrequent not common.

So you'd prefer girl A who has a muscular body from dancing/lifting weights etc. to girl B who hikes and has more of a slender body? :s-smilie:

I don't see what's so wrong with shoulder length hair or highlights..?

Why does B sound like an attention diva (she is actually quite pessimistic and has a dark sense of humour) and why is lipstick bad
Probably B, I like people with androgynous features.
Original post by Moura
Lol no. Desirable means whether you find someone attractive either physically or mentally. I find my boyfriend desirable. If you have an issue with the word desirable then I'll put it another way. Bitchiness, meanness and arrogance are generally not attractive traits, in both men and women.

Ill admit this thread was a bit mean but like I said its anon, nobody I know will know (including her) and I'm frustrated and yes I'll say insecure.

Nowhere have I said I'm bitchy/mean IRL.. yes I have a sarcastic and ironic sense of humour but a bit of banter and making fun of people is normal?
Date the one you like best. You can't really apply this kind of logic to dating. Someone could be perfect for you on paper but you need to have that chemistry.

I'm going to answer this question anyway even though I'm a girl, because I date girls too. It would be B without a doubt. I hate the excessively polite type, I like adrogyny, she sounds more interesting and artistic than the cardboard cut out A.
It's not the bias, it's the negativity, which is difficult to ignore.

You said you've graduated, so you're obviously not a child any more, so you should know that to most adults, who you date is as much about personality as it is looks. Okay, so it may be a little more difficult to meet somebody if you're not conventionally good-looking, but it's far from impossible. I'd be far more turned off by somebody's negative attitude than whether they have big or small boobs. I'm not into that whole Jack Dee "hate everybody" shtick.

OP just be yourself, and try to be happy.

Well its not even about "conventionally good looking." I've modelled for amateur photographers but most guys seem to insist on women with a certain curvy shape etc.

But where did I say I hate everyone?

thanks too
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
Probably B, I like people with androgynous features.

thanks even though she wears strong makeup like red lips sometimes? :tongue:

AvaAdore

Thanks, yes I'm girl B. A is kind of generic but most guys like cardboard cut outs?
Well its not even about "conventionally good looking." I've modelled for amateur photographers but most guys seem to insist on women with a certain curvy shape etc.

But where did I say I hate everyone?

thanks too

Well in that case, looks is obviously not the problem. Who cares what "most guys" like? Most guys are idiots.
why? be honest :smile:

She smokes. She also doesn't sound cute.
Well in that case, looks is obviously not the problem. Who cares what "most guys" like? Most guys are idiots.

I like being different but I wouldnt say that.. why do you say that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending