The Student Room Group

New online friend/s?

11 hours ago I made the mistake of overdosing on a large amount of pills. After a full day in hospital, being assessed and speaking to crisis teams, I now have a clearer mind frame on where I need to be in life and have already began to access support services so that I can be the person I once was. This will not be an easy journey and therefore, I am looking to make friends with like minded people who are either going through tough times or have got past them, so a support network can be built for those in need..
This is a nice idea for anyone suffering anything similar; I hope you help and get help. I've lived a pretty sheltered life and wouldn't really have any experience or good advice to give but I hope you get the support you need; on and offline.
Reply 2
Hi

I want to say that although I personally have never done that, I feel for you.

It sounds as though your personal situation was pretty rubbish to end up going that far but let me just say that although you will be feeling very low right now you can beat this.

Please believe me.

I say this because 3 years ago I was so low myself that I almost took my life because of family issues, trying to find a job and generally feeling like nobody wanted to know me at all.

I went to see my gp and asked for help, he suggested 1 2 1 therapy and because I had never talked about what was bothering my I jumped at the chance and took it. I had 2 loads of therapy 1st in 2012 and again in 2013/14 and I must say this but I want you to know it helped me a massive load because as soon as the 1st session had come to a close it felt like that huge weight of problems that had been sitting on my shoulders building up for 23 years ( from age 16 - 39 ) had finally started to lift off of me.

May I ask what it was that made you do that. If you don't want to mention it on here PM me and tell me that way but ONLY if you want to.

But believe me when I say that the minute you start to talk about it and open up about it you will feel better for it. Yeah you might think he's talking rubbish but I assure you it is not.

It was a feeling I never want to experience again and finally NEVER EVER AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP. I won't BS you it will and does take time but you CAN beat this.

NEVER LOSE HOPE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending