The Student Room Group

How to get him to meet me irl?

Scroll to see replies

Meet me instead.
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Unfortunately you kinda shot yourself in the foot admitting that you asked someone else for his home address, and I hope you realise that that's rather creepy and a gross invasion of privacy, did you apologise?
Don't mention how many pictures you have of anyone, that's just bad social practice in any context.

Meeting one-on-one is risky for anyone really, maybe meet up with some friends of his and you with a friend of yours? Meeting up in a public space in town is always a good bet, moreso if one of you takes public transport to get there so you can say goodbye there without the risk of one following the other

I didnt admit, I THINK the person I asked told him but now I'm thinking probably not because whenever I ask he mentions how I was creepy at the beginning and scared him and not the address part.

Hmmm maybe I should apologize instead of repeating "it was a joke" :L

Creepy and gross? Oh dear...

That's a good idea! Meeting up with more than one person in a public place :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by babyshawte
Why did you do it, gurl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont even know :'( It was just a little obsession but now I realize how creepy it was. I mean does it not portray dedication and devotion? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bottled
you really should've asked to meet at a nuetral meeting point. preferably closer to him. His home address is a biiig nono

I didnt say we were gonna meet at his home address :P he just thinks ill follow him...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smonnie
Meet me instead.

Where u from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ilovereading

Essex, you?
Original post by Smonnie
Essex, you?

London. Are u in sixth form?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's really creepy and I for one wouldn't meet you.
Omg i would though!! Like i stalked this othet guy before and was totally normal with him when i got the courage to talk to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This... Does not bode well. I really think this is a bad idea.
London. Are u in sixth form?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Little older, actually.
Original post by Carpe Vinum
That's really creepy and I for one wouldn't meet you.

Aww really :'( Its just so hard to stop...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greylupin
This... Does not bode well. I really think this is a bad idea.

I dont :P but it doesnt seem like its happening anyway :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smonnie
Little older, actually.

How old?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont :P but it doesnt seem like its happening anyway :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about it too much. If he's doing the mixed signals thing he probably wasn't a good choice anyway. You'll find someone else to... Become enamored with? I don't know. Humans are weird.

The girl is strange, but the guy is even stranger. If I was a female and had some dude searching up my address and stuff, then yeah, I probably would be a bit worried, but as a male, if someone of the opposite sex was stalking me, I would see it as an opportunity for easy sex, even if I don't like her personality. Not really understanding your internet friend's 'creeped out state' - are you sure he isn't gay?
Original post by greylupin
Don't worry about it too much. If he's doing the mixed signals thing he probably wasn't a good choice anyway. You'll find someone else to... Become enamored with? I don't know. Humans are weird.

Sigh :frown: I've met/talked to a couple other guys afterwards but none of them make me want to obsess like he does. I even talk to a guy that I do like but I wouldn't want to obsess over him like I do with the one I want to meet :'( </3

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont even know :'( It was just a little obsession but now I realize how creepy it was. I mean does it not portray dedication and devotion? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You didn't have to upgrade it to another level lol

I think you should take things slowly with him, so he can build his trust for you.

Be careful when you're meeting somebody from the Internet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Why did you want his address?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does he know your intentions? I'd talk for another month or so and then tell him you like him and ask if he wants to meet up. If he is unwilling then this relationship can not progress further and therefore friendship is the limit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending