The Student Room Group

UK University tiers

I just read a thread wherein someone named universities such as QMUL, RH and Kent as 'average' or 'bad' (left me flummoxed). So, which universities would you place as:

Outstanding:

Great:

Good:

Average:

Below Average:

Poor:

Diabolical:
Oxbridge = world class

durham, ucl, warwick, imperial, st andrews = oxbridge rejects

Southampton, uea, manchester, surrey, york = world class but for slackers

Manchester met = worst
(edited 8 years ago)
Highest tier are Oxford and Cambridge.

Then you have Imperial and UCL.

And then all the rest.
Original post by NeverGnGiveuUp
Oxbridge = world class

durham, ucl, warwick, imperial, st andrews = oxbridge rejects

Southampton, uea, manchester, surrey, york = world class but for slackers

Manchester met = worst

didn't you forget exeter in the 3rd tier? exeter is 2 places above southampton on the league tables last time I checked, and it *was* above surrey
What an original thread for TSR. I am sure it won't degenerate into the usual penis length competition/bickering.
Original post by Sir Candour
I just read a thread wherein someone named universities such as QMUL, RH and Kent as 'average' or 'bad' (left me flummoxed). So, which universities would you place as:

You realise "someone" was probably a 16 year old who's waiting on his GCSE results right?

One day*, people on TSR will wake up to the fact that in the real world, people are generally far more interested in what you gained out of your time at university, rather than where you went.

British universities are not just glorified finishing schools, you know.

*I didn't say it would be any time soon :wink:
Original post by Democracy
You realise "someone" was probably a 16 year old who's waiting on his GCSE results right?

One day*, people on TSR will wake up to the fact that in the real world, people are generally far more interested in what you gained out of your time at university, rather than where you went.

British universities are not just glorified finishing schools, you know.

*I didn't say it would be any time soon :wink:

Keep fighting the good fight, as futile as it may be.
Oxbridge>>>LSE..Imperial>UCL..St Andrews/Edinburgh>Warwick...Kings/Durham

Quick Reply

Latest