The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dilzo999
You do know that girls and guys have different scales when it comes to bodyfat right?

yah
Original post by G-mute1995
I'd say size 12 and upwards. The average British woman is 5'3 and wears size 16 clothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scary stats tbh
Reply 42
Original post by Shellshocker93
I have no idea on cloths size. I barely know what sized clothing I am. Last I checked I was L sized T-Shirt but an XL fit me fine today :O

Scientifically speaking, anybody over 30% Bodyfat is classed as "Fat". But some girls are cute being a tad chubby, where as others are kind of not.

That may be scientific but surely there are variations, I just had my bodyfat measured and it was 32% and I'm a size 10 and 5'4 my doctor said I was normal for my height?
For all of you that appear to be confused about clothing sizes...

America / UK

Size 0 / Size 4
Size 2 / Size 6
Size 4 / Size 8
Size 6 / Size 10

And so forth
BMI is probably a much more accurate way of working out what is overweight. I have a really skinny friend that wears size 12 tops because she has big boobs and I usually buy tops a size larger than actually fits as I like baggy clothing, especially in summer.
Reply 45
I have not the remotest clue as to women's clothing sizes :tongue:
Original post by littlenorthernlass
That depends entirely on how tall the woman is and how her fat is distributed around her body. Plus, as has been already said, sizes are so inconsistent between shops that they can't be relied upon.

Personally, I would describe someone as 'fat' in my head if they had several rolls of flab protruding from various places.

My gf is 161 cm and weights about 135 pounds. Her legs and arms are quite thin, but she has chubby belly. Do you consider her fat because of it?
I'm an 18, started recognising myself as fat at size 16. Although I have friends who are 14s and I would say they're fat/chubby. It's just about how the weight is distributed. Mine is distributed in a flattering way and I'm quite tall so it looks fairly good on me. :smile:
Reply 48
clothing size alone tells you absolutely nothing.
Girls who are bigger than 10 are usually overweight/fat. It depends on the girl though.
To all the people saying anything higher than a 12... Wow.
Original post by XxSophie01xX
To all the people saying anything higher than a 12... Wow.

Haha, ikr :rofl:
Original post by missmillie12345
Haha, ikr :rofl:

Don't know about you but it makes me feel like a walrus haha!!

I just remind myself that if anyone's so shallow and superficial as to think that, then I don't want to spend much time with them, let alone go out with them.
Size 14's definitely fat, a lot of size 12 women look fat too to be fair.

Haha, I'm with you on that one! :gigg:
Reply 56
Id say above 16 which is reasonable soo 16 is fine tbh
Aha i watch dinner date too when theres nothing on dw :wink: just as bad as comedinewithme
'Fat' and 'Skinny' are just terms, medically there is anorexia and obesity, people obviously have different sizes and associate different stuff when they hear the terms based on their experiences, and their appearance.
Obviously there is a point where it is just unhealthy on either end of the spectrum and this is when anorexia and obesity comes into account.
Sizes aren't a good estimate of this though, healthy size can be 6,8,12, 14, doesn't take into account their weight/height.
Original post by The_Blade
tubby: 14-19% bf

fat: 20%+

Ahahaha no.
It also depends how people store fat. Two people could be the same weight and height but one stores it more in their stomach and face and one stores it in their thighs and hips; the first will likely look fatter than the second.

Latest

Trending

Trending