The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

size 14 and over. However a size 14 on a taller girl might not appear as fat
Reply 81
I’m 5’10 but sometimes my bottoms are 12/14/16 but 12/14 on shorts because of my behindand height.tops im 12/14 because of my chest. Honestly, people vary and my tummy is flat and I am healthy... so It really depends. I guess a girl under 5’6 with my sizes would look bigger in a size 14/16 but could still just be carrying gifted “assetts”. Honestly people just need more confidence
every size.... every girl has got some fat on them no matter what the size, but who the **** cares, it aint about how big you are
I'm not a student but for some reason I looked up the measurements for uK sizing and found this thread and I have to say, what a load of depressing ********. At the age of 47 I have been size 8, size 16 and everything in between and the men in my life have never had a problem or a comment on my size. Most men in my experience will be happy to have a woman in their arms and if they're so fussy taht they think a size 12 is too fat then they are missing out on a hell of a lot of life, love and laughter. Absolutely tragic.
Original post by Liquid Harvest
I'd have to judge on a case-by-case basis. One quick glance is sometimes all that is required to determine if a girl is too fat. Usually, I'd say anything over size 7 or 8 is too fat and needs to lose weight.

clearly you don't understand women's sizing seeing as size 7 isn't even a size. if u don't know anything about a subject, don't comment on it.
Well, what about curvy(but not fat women) who simply have an hourglass figure (slim waist,but large hips and breasts)? they aren't fat, in fact back in the day they were considered the ideal female figure. Women aren't supposed to look like stick thin pre-pubescent girls, they should have a feminine figure(not boyish) with hips,large breasts and preferably a slim waist. I have a 24 inch waist but my large hips, which are 38 inches, force me to wear at least a size 8-10 to accomodate my hips. Also I wear a DD cup, So there you go.
Unfair to judge ‘fatness’ through sizes. Some women are curvey with boobs and hips- and therefore wear larger clothes. A size 10 is considered average for a women, therefore I feel it is essentially degrading for women reading these responses such as myself- there is a difference between curves and ‘fat’. What even is fat though? Boobs are fat yet they’re considered attractive...
Original post by mariarazz
Well, what about curvy(but not fat women) who simply have an hourglass figure (slim waist,but large hips and breasts)? they aren't fat, in fact back in the day they were considered the ideal female figure. Women aren't supposed to look like stick thin pre-pubescent girls, they should have a feminine figure(not boyish) with hips,large breasts and preferably a slim waist. I have a 24 inch waist but my large hips, which are 38 inches, force me to wear at least a size 8-10 to accomodate my hips. Also I wear a DD cup, So there you go.

Precisely
ive seen nasty and beaut people in each size..
You know if someone is overweight. Women can be a size 14 in tops and not be considered fat.
If she's wider than me...
Original post by JessicaSarhx_96
Crazy, just let people be happy as they are. Of course, everyone has their ideal person and what not, but why do we have to label people Fat, We never see the opposite of labelling people skinny or too thin do we.

I hear it from the older generation haha. Although it's often that they're concerned I'm not eating enough (which I am but my Doctor had the same concern)
So, im a size 16. yes i am overweight. but i am trying to lose it a little to go back down to a 12, but i don't think it will happen cuz of my thighs and chest xD

Also, if people are overweight would body shape change your opinion?
Original post by Smonnie
Anything over a 4.
Um, 4 is skinny. You’re either anorexic or have a fast metabolism if your lower than four.
Reply 94
I wear a size six and I'm not usually referred to as skinny, but that may be because I carry most of my weight around my waist and the rest of my body parts are quite slim.
Hi - I’m a size 6 on top and 8 on bottom - I am so self conscious and am hating my body. I have these thick fat thighs and I’m ashamed. What do I do, I’m sick of feeling worthless.
Original post by Jessiemckormac
Hi - I’m a size 6 on top and 8 on bottom - I am so self conscious and am hating my body. I have these thick fat thighs and I’m ashamed. What do I do, I’m sick of feeling worthless.

Dude, that's pretty skinny.
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm watching Dinner Date (don't judge.) A man who works as a personal trainer commented on the fact that he once went out with a girl who was a size 12. It apparently lasted for a about 2 minutes. Naturally this made me raise my eyebrows :colonhash:
So I was wondering, at what size would you consider a girl fat :smile:

Like size 20+ I say this as a rather large woman at size 24/26 so I think fat is around a size 20+

Looking forward to seeing this episode on catch up! ;D
Original post by Jessiemckormac

Drink more water, take up swimming and consider joining a gym.
Remember it is your personality, choices and positive achievements that you will be remembered for.
Not your beach body or the size written on the labels of your clothes.
Don't let your self-esteem rest on only a craving for physical perfection or an unfulfilled desire to be size 2.
Beauty comes from making an effort with your personality, caring for others and looking after your appearance.

Latest

Trending

Trending