The Student Room Group

I don't understand why I did so bad, like legit I don't get it??

I knew I'd do **** in maths, and that's okay for me, but in geography I got an A at AS, and I've been getting As all year in past papers and all that (and my teacher for it is pretty amazing, she's tested us thoroughly and I easily get As on past questions+essays) so how did I do so **** in the actual exams, despite feeling moderately okay about them at the time? It doesn't mate sense

And then the same story for biology too, like even my teachers are gonna be gobsmacked that I did so poorly considering the level I've been achieving all year

wtf
What did you get?

You'll have the option to resit some/all modules in year 13 alongside your A2 subjects. Perhaps exam pressure got to you?
you ace past papers but bombed the exam? odd. :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by Man.bear.pig

Hi,Send for your papers and go through them with the mark schemes to find out why you didn't score as highly as you thought you would. Give the papers to your teachers to read and go through with you so they can show you what to do next time to avoid making the same mistakes.
Original post by Mr CLR
Hi,Send for your papers and go through them with the mark schemes to find out why you didn't score as highly as you thought you would. Give the papers to your teachers to read and go through with you so they can show you what to do next time to avoid making the same mistakes.

@louieee I think this was for you? :erm:
Reply 5
Original post by thecatwithnohat
What did you get?

You'll have the option to resit some/all modules in year 13 alongside your A2 subjects. Perhaps exam pressure got to you?

Ugh I'd rather not say tbh.

And I know I can do that, but honestly I don't feel like A-levels are for me anyway. I don't really enjoy academic work: I mean, I'm still fairly intelligent academically (my teachers+past paper can back me up here) and I still put the effort in, so this isn't a reason for me doing bad, but really it isn't worth putting up with for another year now.

Original post by Man.bear.pig

I know right :c
Reply 6
Original post by Mr CLR

To be honest it isn't really worth it now. I hated doing A-levels anyway, and I'd prefer to go down a different route now (though despite hating doing them, there's been plenty of evidence throughout the year that I'd do much better than I did)
Reply 7
Original post by louieee
To be honest it isn't really worth it now. I hated doing A-levels anyway, and I'd prefer to go down a different route now (though despite hating doing them, there's been plenty of evidence throughout the year that I'd do much better than I did)

Good luck for the future, whatever you decide.
Reply 8
Original post by Mr CLR
Good luck for the future, whatever you decide.

Thank you :hugs:
Original post by louieee

Do you want to go to university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Moonstruck16
Do you want to go to university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah. At least not for a few years
Original post by louieee
Nah. At least not for a few years

Are these your AS or A2 results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Are these your AS or A2 results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A2
Original post by louieee
A2

Maybe it's time to find yourself. See the world :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Maybe it's time to find yourself. See the world :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, I guess :P
Original post by louieee
x

Perhaps, you might want to get one of your papers remarked?
Looks like you don't want to resit any of your papers? If you don't want to, find something else to do that interests you.
I'm not sure whether i want to go to uni either. :smile:

read this:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah same lol

Quick Reply

Latest