The Student Room Group

I hate my parents, what do i do?

My parents are strict Catholics who forces me to pray and worship everyday for at least 2 hours, ive been doing this since birth but ive lost my faith years ago but if i telll them they'll beat me and they've beaten me for other things such as forgetting to clean the windows etc. I'm 16 but i don't drink or smoke. the other day they threaded to kill me for forgetting a prayer. you might think i'm joking but my life's horrible please help! what to i do. i don't want to leave them or call the police and they'll force an arrange marriage on me because they think that's better and if i ever marry a white women they said thye'll kill me, they use the bible when threatening to beat me and beating me and point to the scripture to defend themselves. i fear for my life please help
run downstairs with a crucifix, and snap it in front of them whilst they see the '666' you've drawn on your forehead with a sharpy. Then scream satanic words

BM
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JJJ1998
My parents are strict Catholics who forces me to pray and worship everyday for at least 2 hours, ive been doing this since birth but ive lost my faith years ago but if i telll them they'll beat me and they've beaten me for other things such as forgetting to clean the windows etc. I'm 16 but i don't drink or smoke. the other day they threaded to kill me for forgetting a prayer. you might think i'm joking but my life's horrible please help! what to i do. i don't want to leave them or call the police and they'll force an arrange marriage on me because they think that's better and if i ever marry a white women they said thye'll kill me, they use the bible when threatening to beat me and beating me and point to the scripture to defend themselves. i fear for my life please help

Is this is a troll? Surely if you fear for your life you would tell the police?
lolwut
You seriously need to seek help

whilst parents should encourage religion for faith and morals, threatening and forcing children in a physical manner cannot be accepted in any sense. if you are not comfortable approaching the police, which i would reccomend, you should speak to someone such as a teacher or school counsellor. you need to find the strength within to overcome this or this has the potential to scar you for a very long time.
Reply 5
Original post by JJJ1998

If this is indeed serious then the advice I would give you would either to go to the police or social services or find a way to move out and never see your parents again. Perhaps find a friend or other family members you can live with. You may think your friend's parents may not want you but you'd be surprised how understanding some can be as long as you don't take their shelter for granted and make an effort to do your bit around the house whether that is financial aid or otherwise.
Lolwut this has to be a troll, but if not, then legit childline still exists!

Honestly if they're Catholics then they follow Jesus and Jesus doesn't encourage violence. So what they're doing to you, isn't right. Do you have any siblings? Can you get an aunt or uncle to speak to them? Where in the bible does it say you have to pray for 2hours a day? Catholicism is supposed to be a choice that benefits your life, not a forced routine. They clearly have it all wrong awks. I don't know if you've completely lost your faith, but if you haven't, you can pray (voluntarily) for help. If you have, childline, 999 and social services is also there for you. Us TSR'ians can't save you unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Which country?
Reply 8
Original post by BugzyMalone
run downstairs with a crucifix, and snap it in front of them whilst they see the '666' you've drawn on your forehead with a sharpy. Then scream satanic words

BM

:rofl:

Spoiler

Reply 10
Original post by AristoBrat!

Spoiler

Kinda funny and cool XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending