The Student Room Group

"Can't you hear me, S.O.S.?": TLG's PhD study blog!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
:hugs: it'll be okay! Once it's done it's done and you know where you're at I guess, and it sounds like they're nice which is always a plus :smile: good luck, breathe! (that's so easy to say but yeah :redface:)

Thanks hun, appreciate you posting very much :redface:
Meeting new supervisor went OK :smile:
Formal complaint to/about/against uni has been submitted :ninja:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Formal complaint to/about/against uni has been submitted :ninja:

Good luck :smile: What are you hoping to come from it?
Original post by Interrobang
Good luck :smile: What are you hoping to come from it?

I'm hoping for a few things:

- formal apologies from certain people
- to get my supervisor back in an official capacity
- a formal investigation into how this whole mess was allowed to happen in the first place :frown:

- a formal investigation into how this whole mess was allowed to happen in the first place :frown:

Fair enough :frown:

I've got my fingers crossed for you

I hope you get sorted, what a mess.
Original post by Interrobang
Fair enough :frown:

I've got my fingers crossed for you

Original post by gjd800
I hope you get sorted, what a mess.

Thanks both :frown:

:grouphugs:
Random musing: I started my PhD full-time and therefore my original submission deadline was today :headfire:

Good thing I went part-time, otherwise I'd never have been able to write about the upcoming 2 new ABBA songs :holmes:
Random musing: I started my PhD full-time and therefore my original submission deadline was today :headfire:

Good thing I went part-time, otherwise I'd never have been able to write about the upcoming 2 new ABBA songs :holmes:

Haha, mine is the 30th but I submitted today!
Original post by gjd800
Haha, mine is the 30th but I submitted today!

:king1: :biggrin: :awesome: :congrats: :woo: :yay: :biggrin:

Huge congrats, that's terrific news! Go you :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Got a Skype supervision at 8pm my time but I have nothing intelligent to say :erm: :emo: :nopity:
Skype supervision went OK :redface: Got a lot of work to do over the next few weeks: my supervisor wants to see a draft of my conference paper when we speak in about 3 weeks' time :eek: I feel nowhere near ready to be able to deliver that, but I'm gonna have to try... :work:
Saw my DSA (Disabled Students' Allowance) mentor yesterday. Was wailing at her about supervisor wanting this conference paper draft in 3 weeks' time. DSA mentor told me I just have to bite the bullet and start writing, however **** what I write may be. (Not that she thinks I'm ****, she was just making a general point :tongue: )

So I took DSA mentor's advice and have started writing today. Granted it's not the most groundbreaking stuff I've ever written, but I reckon it might be OK as a starting point :ninja:

Gonna keep ploughing on and then send to PhD supervisor for her initial thoughts :redface:
Also: in happy news, it looks like my uni are agreeing to my supervisor continuing to work with me, for the rest of my PhD :biggrin:

Bout bloody time :grumble: But better late than never :moon:
Just had an abstract accepted for the biggest UK conference in my field :headfire:
Had a week off from the PhD due to crippling depression. Hoping to get stuck in again tomorrow :work:
:penguinhug:
Original post by furryface12
:penguinhug:

Thank you :redface:

:hugs:
Still very ill but managed to (somehow. How is beyond me :confused: ) drag myself to uni to see my DSA mentor.

Been trying to work on my paper a bit. Brain feels very heavy and I feel like I'm just writing nonsensical **** tbh :erm:

Skyping supervisor tomorrow, will see what she says/makes of it :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending