The Student Room Group

Fixxing crooked teeth quickly after an accident

Hey folks

Not sure if anyone has gone through a similer situation to me but I figured its worth asking.

Last Sunday I was involved in a rather bad car accident (rolled after hitting debris from a truck doing about 70mph). I for the most part am ok however I've fractured my kneecap where it hit the dash and due to the fact I was in an older car with no airbags my face went into the wheel and my mouth got smashed up pretty bad, Lost my left incisor (the one to the right of the left canine) and lost the crown off of my central two incisors, Not sure which one but the nerve was exposed on one and had to get a temporary cement crown put on it immediatly.

Anywho on Monday I had an emergancy dental treatment to cap my 2 front teeth and clean up the wound where my incisor got knocked out. I was told that I would have to wait a week for it to heal but after that I could get a temporary denture put in and a false tooth after 6 months once my mouth had settled. Im getting the denture next Thursday so Im gonna ask my dentist then about this to get a definitive answer.

SO my actual question, My dentist mentioned that if I dont get a denture in pretty quickly my teeth could move into the gap vacated giving me a big unsitely gap in my teeth. However I have always had crooked front teeth ever since my adult teeth came in. Does anyone know if there is a way I can quickly correct the position of teeth post trauma as I figures I may aswell since im having work done although I dont want to be stuck for 2 years with braces (I was offered this at 15 and declined, im 21 now and would really rather not). Id be prepared to go private if its not excessively expensive but NHS would be prefered.

My non-medical logic being that if my teeth would be capable of moving themselves post-trauma surely there must be a medical means of shifting them into a position without years of wearing a full brace.

My other decision would be; to get a yobbo gold false tooth or not xD.

Quick Reply

Latest