The Student Room Group

Speech and Language therapy 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by knee_socks
Has anyone heard back from UEA yet? I had my interview 3 weeks ago and they said that we'd hear in 3 weeks but there's not been anything on track yet.

Unfortunately, they just seem to tell you that but it's not true. I had my interview on 1st December, was told three weeks, after about 3.5 weeks had an email just saying they were still interviewing and I would hear from early February onwards. Annoying but there you go. Unless I am on a maybe pile and others have had definitive replies...
Hi,

I know this isn't answering your question, but just wondering if you have any tips for the UEA interview? Mine is coming up soon 😊 Also in terms of not having heard anything, I read that there is an option for them to put your offer in a kind of 'hold' position so maybe they're waiting to give you an offer?😊
Original post by CassiaPeach
Unfortunately, they just seem to tell you that but it's not true. I had my interview on 1st December, was told three weeks, after about 3.5 weeks had an email just saying they were still interviewing and I would hear from early February onwards. Annoying but there you go. Unless I am on a maybe pile and others have had definitive replies...

Hey! Just wondering if you know how many places the UEA have? I've been to other interviews and they range from 24-80 places for undergrad, so quite a lot of variation!
Original post by partria1
Hey! Just wondering if you know how many places the UEA have? I've been to other interviews and they range from 24-80 places for undergrad, so quite a lot of variation!

I'd guess around 35 as I feel it's one of the smaller. Sheffield has 20, I think Marjon has around 50 and Reading about 40 but don't quote me on that!!
Hi, I was wondering if any of you know when Uo Manchester will send out offers or rejections? As I had my interview recently, and I'm curious (and impatient :colondollar:).
Also, will uni's still take you if you don't get the specific grades on their offer (A, Distinction, B = 340 points), and get one equivalent or over (Distinction*, B, B = 340)?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by chingling
Hi, I was wondering if any of you know when Uo Manchester will send out offers or rejections? As I've had mine recently, and I'm curious (and impatient :colondollar:).
Also, will uni's still take you if you don't get the specific grades on their offer (A, Distinction, B = 340 points), and get one equivalent or over (Distinction*, B, B = 340)?

In recent years UoM give all decisions at the same time - when I applied 2 years ago decision day was end of March - they were a bit earlier (early March) last year. They have waited for all interviews to be done rather than trickling offers through like some unis do.

So far as missing grades is concerned don't think there is a definitive answer - best to try and meet (or exceed) you required grades.

Good luck :smile:
Hi all.
I applied in January and I'm still waiting for a response from BCU, is anyone else in the same position? Thanks
Reply 507
Original post by Mollie-S
Hi all.
I applied in January and I'm still waiting for a response from BCU, is anyone else in the same position? Thanks

I applied in January too and only heard yesterday, so hang in there I'm sure you will have news very soon.
Ah okay, hopefully it'll be sometime soon then. Thank you!
Reply 509
Hello All,
Has anyone been asked to send qualifications in before being offered an interview?

Regards
Kel
Reply 510
Original post by CassiaPeach
I'd guess around 35 as I feel it's one of the smaller. Sheffield has 20, I think Marjon has around 50 and Reading about 40 but don't quote me on that!!

City have 35 places for undergrad and double for postgrad
Reply 511
Original post by Kelly04
Hello All,
Has anyone been asked to send qualifications in before being offered an interview?

Regards
Kel

I've not been asked to send any qualifications prior to receiving an interview invitation, only been asked as part of the interview.
Reply 512
I've not been asked to send any qualifications prior to receiving an interview invitation, only been asked as part of the interview.

Thanks for replying...I find it strange that I've been asked to present them without being offered an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 513
Original post by Kelly04

Thanks for replying...I find it strange that I've been asked to present them without being offered an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had to scan mine in and include as attachments as part of the online application form but I didn't apply through UCAS. Not sure if that helps you! Sounds like they will invite you to interview, otherwise why bother to ask? Fingers crossed for you!
Reply 514
Original post by Kelly04

Posted from TSR Mobile

What uni is this? Is it worth ringing and asking why they need them before offering an interview? I'm assuming you applied through UCAS?
Reply 515
Original post by Jo-sie
I had to scan mine in and include as attachments as part of the online application form but I didn't apply through UCAS. Not sure if that helps you! Sounds like they will invite you to interview, otherwise why bother to ask? Fingers crossed for you!

Thats true...I'm sure they wouldn't waste their time. How long did they take to get back to you after you sent your documents?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by knee_socks
Has anyone heard back from UEA yet? I had my interview 3 weeks ago and they said that we'd hear in 3 weeks but there's not been anything on track yet.

I've just heard back and it's been nearly a month so hopefully you'll hear very soon! Good luck :smile:
I just had my Manchester interview and loved it. Even though it's a four-year course, and I'm keen to qualify quickly, I may have a new top choice. Now the waiting begins...
Reply 518
Feeling so stressed, i haven't had an invitation to any interviews yet. :frown:
I applied on the actual UCAS deadline, so maybe that's why? Anyone else still waiting?
Original post by Salara
Feeling so stressed, i haven't had an invitation to any interviews yet. :frown:
I applied on the actual UCAS deadline, so maybe that's why? Anyone else still waiting?

I think that'll be why, I only applied to one course but I haven't got an interview yet and I replied a couple of days before deadline, I was starting to get worried too!

Quick Reply

Latest