Cardiff University Applicants 2016!

Watch
Fla-la
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey, anyone thinking of applying to Cardiff in September 2016? Write your course and where you're from

I'm applying for Midwifery and I'm from Devon!
Docjones1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm maybe going to apply for Medicine at Cardiff - from Yorkshire!
urbanforestry
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I might be! For Biochemistry! I'm from Newport which is only 20 minutes away on the train and I think I might wanna go a bit further away, who knows!
thecatwithnohat
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
I'll be applying for Software Engineering at Cardiff; I'm from London.
dordie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Possibly! I'd apply for international relations and politics, and am from Sussex.
troubadour.
Badges: 19
Report 6 years ago
Yes, I'm applying for medicine. I'm from Cardiff.
Maximus7
Badges: 4
Report 6 years ago
Yes, I'll be applying for Genetics! from Conwy, Wales.
urbanforestry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Maximus7)
Yes, I'll be applying for Genetics! from Conwy, Wales.
I considered doing genetics! It feels to restricting for me though. What made you go for genetics instead of biochemistry?
Maximus7
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by urbanforestry)
I considered doing genetics! It feels to restricting for me though. What made you go for genetics instead of biochemistry?
oes it feel restricted?? it's a great course! I had a look at the modules and they're all very interesting! besides, I've always been fascinated by how genes work, how they shaped evolution, how they mutate, how they benefit every species etc... and Genetic engineering or modification is something I'm quite interested in. How about you?
Maximus7
Report 6 years ago
oes it feel restricted?? it's a great course! I had a look at the modules and they're all very interesting! besides, I've always been fascinated by how genes work, how they shaped evolution, how they mutate, how they benefit every species etc... and Genetic engineering or modification is something I'm quite interested in. How about you?
*why does?
JOjo9711
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm from Cambridge, going to apply for medicine and biomedical science (anatomy).
urbanforestry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I just feel like I could access more careers with biochemistry, I don't really want to specify too soon :L but yeah genetics is really interesting! Have you read The Seven Daughters of Eve? You'd probably love it if you like genetics and the mitochondria, which I do! but I'm hoping to do something with formulation chemistry, like with cosmetics and stuff maybe? I love makeup and I love science, best of both! I also love genetics too, so maybe I'll do something with that? who knows!
RebeccaTheWhovia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am applying for English Literature. I'm from Cornwall
Maximus7
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by urbanforestry)
I just feel like I could access more careers with biochemistry, I don't really want to specify too soon :L but yeah genetics is really interesting! Have you read The Seven Daughters of Eve? You'd probably love it if you like genetics and the mitochondria, which I do! but I'm hoping to do something with formulation chemistry, like with cosmetics and stuff maybe? I love makeup and I love science, best of both! I also love genetics too, so maybe I'll do something with that? who knows!
Yeah, that's a good reason to be fair... I just don't feel I'd enjoy biochemistry as much as genetics, even though I am good at it... no, I haven't read it. WHt is it about? sounds intriguing I might look it up! that sounds quite interesting, it's cool that you're finding the scientific side to what you like doing on a daily basis. Not too many people think of it that way! It'd be cool if you do and were in Cardiff!
urbanforestry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, that's a good reason to be fair... I just don't feel I'd enjoy biochemistry as much as genetics, even though I am good at it... no, I haven't read it. WHt is it about? sounds intriguing I might look it up! that sounds quite interesting, it's cool that you're finding the scientific side to what you like doing on a daily basis. Not too many people think of it that way! It'd be cool if you do and were in Cardiff!
It's about tracing our ancestors through our mitochondrial DNA, and the author, Bryan Sykes, claims we're all descended from one of seven women. It's such a good read, I'd recommend it to anyone
Cardiff seems like a really good course. I didn't want to stay close to home but now I'm seriously considering making it an option if I'm lucky enough to get an offer, they seem really competitive D: I'm trying not to get my heart set on a certain university yet though

Where else are you applying?
afern
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm applying for history and I'm currently living in the US (my family's from London though!)
Mister Triaa
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm applying for computer science! From Anglesey (North Wales)
CapitalC
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe applying for Physics, from London.
wiseLAD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm applying for French and Economics, from London

Posted from TSR Mobile
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I came on the Open Day and absolutely loved it! I'm stuck between two courses though: Politics and Sociology or Social Analytics and Politics. The Social Analytics course doesn't have many places though so I've decided to apply for both. I'm very worried though because I had to repeat year 12. Cardiff said that it wouldn't affect my application but I have a section on my UCAS application that looks awful.

I'm also applying to Aberystwyth, Nottingham and the University of Birmingham.

I'm from Warwickshire Image
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
8.93%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.93%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
42.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.57%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads