The Student Room Group

Nervous about moving out for university!

The nerves are creeping up on me and it's starting to get all real now...

I'll be moving out this week and it's going to be a huge step, anyone else feeling the same?
Original post by Bram123

I'll be moving out this week and it's going to be a huge step, anyone else feeling the same?

I'm moving out next week and I'm ****ting myself, literally. When my anxiety kicks off my bowels just give up, and I dont have an ensuite...
Reply 2
Original post by NineTailedFox
I'm moving out next week and I'm ****ting myself, literally. When my anxiety kicks off my bowels just give up, and I dont have an ensuite...

Im sure we will both be fine once we get there and settle in but im still very nervous :frown: . I personally would never settle without an ensuite room!
Original post by Bram123
Im sure we will both be fine once we get there and settle in but im still very nervous :frown: . I personally would never settle without an ensuite room!

At the start of year 13 I said would never be able to share but then I saw the prices. If I took ensuite I would be left with like £44 a week :'c.
Do you know anyone irl who is going to the same uni as you? I've been alone going from primary to secondary to college so I will be used to it :smile:
Reply 4
At the start of year 13 I said would never be able to share but then I saw the prices. If I took ensuite I would be left with like £44 a week :'c.
Do you know anyone irl who is going to the same uni as you? I've been alone going from primary to secondary to college so I will be used to it :smile:

:O that wouldn't have been too bad, but would be a struggle, especially if you like full meals! (which is why im catered :biggrin:)
I know one person from my college but im not very close with her, however we do talk quite often. I have already met a flat mate on Dacebook and we have been talking so it's released some nerves as i'll at least have broken the ice with one person in my block :P

Aw, im sure university will be different :smile: There will be people from everywhere and certainly some will share the same interests as you.
Original post by Bram123
:O that wouldn't have been too bad, but would be a struggle, especially if you like full meals! (which is why im catered :biggrin:)
I know one person from my college but im not very close with her, however we do talk quite often. I have already met a flat mate on Dacebook and we have been talking so it's released some nerves as i'll at least have broken the ice with one person in my block :P

Oh thats good then. Slightly jealous though. Found two of mine on facebook too but got completely ignored, not even a hello :angry:

Original post by Bram123

Aw, im sure university will be different :smile: There will be people from everywhere and certainly some will share the same interests as you.

Thanks but i dont think i explained what i meant properly. I meant that when I left primary I started secondary knowing nobody, same with secondary to college and now uni :biggrin:
Reply 6
Oh thats good then. Slightly jealous though. Found two of mine on facebook too but got completely ignored, not even a hello :angry:

Oh screw them, Im sure you will make good friends via societies and the actual course itself.

Thanks but i dont think i explained what i meant properly. I meant that when I left primary I started secondary knowing nobody, same with secondary to college and now uni :biggrin:

Oh right :P Well that does work in your favour so you will be fine! :smile:
Original post by Bram123

It's completely natural feeling! Don't stress yourself and panic, once you get there, it all comes naturually and everything will be fine! Be excited and enjoy yourself!
Reply 8
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
It's completely natural feeling! Don't stress yourself and panic, once you get there, it all comes naturually and everything will be fine! Be excited and enjoy yourself!

Thanks for the reassurance. Im sure everything will be fine! I was a bit down earlier but now im feeling a bit better when i was packing with my mother, feeling a bit excited :smile:
Reply 9
It's not like moving schools when the other already know each other, at uni nobody knows anyone else so you are all in the same boat. Have you looked to see whether your uni and/ halls have Facebook groups? You might be able to make contact with a few other new starters that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I move out on saturday and i'm so nervous!!

£44 per week after rent isn't that bad...
Its one of those things where the thought of it us much worse than the actual thing. You feel nervous because you are anticipating it , on the day so much will be happening that you won't have time for nerves. Don't pressure yourself to make Freshers 'the best week of your life' otherwise you'll only be dissapointed. Take every moment as it comes, you'll have a lot of emotions and so will everyone else :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending