The Student Room Group

sex with someone out of my league

I met a really cool guy a few weeks ago. We talk by text all the time and when we meet in person we always click really well. There are feelings there on both sides.

Thing is I hate my looks so much- he's way out of my league. He still continues to go on dates and stuff so I know that it doesn't bother him enough to stop seeing me but the idea of having sex with him and him seeing my body makes me hugely self-conscious. I'm just so scared he'll see my body and not be attracted to me. It's quite irrational because he's obviously touched it and stuff before but he's never seen the parts I hate the most.

It's making me not want to sleep with him, which I think was unofficially on the table for Saturday- what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

In what way is he out of your league?

Be confident in yourself, make yourself more attractive, buy good clothes, work on your body,what are your attractive parts? Your smile, humour, personality, softness? vague advice, however, hope it helps.
Reply 2
Original post by CompSci89
In what way is he out of your league?

Be confident in yourself, make yourself more attractive, buy good clothes, work on your body,what are your attractive parts? Your smile, humour, personality, softness? vague advice, however, hope it helps.

looks-wise. I'm attractive facially but I really hate my body. I have small boobs and really big thighs and a big stomach. I don't even have a nice bum :frown: my personality is great apart from how self-conscious I am. We talk really easily and we click well but he has a really great body and mine is just awful :frown: I'm much thicker than him.
how do you know you don't have a nice bum??? I cant see mine??? and btw, if he ends it because he looks at your body and leaves, get your bitches together and hunt the cactus down!!!!
Reply 4
Original post by BerniHurton
how do you know you don't have a nice bum??? I cant see mine??? and btw, if he ends it because he looks at your body and leaves, get your bitches together and hunt the cactus down!!!!

haha it's quite flat. Plus... cellulite :angry:

I guess, although I don't think he would do that haha. I just don't think I would be able to enjoy myself, I'd be too busy feeling inadequate and worrying about how I looked or if he was having a good time :frown:
if it continues after he sees your body, then he clearly doesn't have a problem. and anyway, it will get past the point when your focused on your body and enjoy it. he probably feels the same, that you wont like his body
Reply 6
if it continues after he sees your body, then he clearly doesn't have a problem. and anyway, it will get past the point when your focused on your body and enjoy it. he probably feels the same, that you wont like his body

he's very confident and rightly so :tongue: I just hate the thought of him touching my body. Not because it's him, but because it's my body and he could do better.
So what if he could do better?? He didn't choose better, he chose you!! I get the same thing. I'm talking to a guy I've been friends with him for well over a year now, and he told me he likes me, and then last night I said it too, but we haven't met up in months! I hate the way I look!! I have stomach fat that I can jiggle round, and my nose, my god my nose! And he looks like Brooklyn effing beckham!!
Reply 8
So what if he could do better?? He didn't choose better, he chose you!! I get the same thing. I'm talking to a guy I've been friends with him for well over a year now, and he told me he likes me, and then last night I said it too, but we haven't met up in months! I hate the way I look!! I have stomach fat that I can jiggle round, and my nose, my god my nose! And he looks like Brooklyn effing beckham!!

haha saaaame with the stomach thing :redface:

well, I hope it goes well for you :tongue:
he hasn't chosen me that's the thing. We're not exclusive or anything. But I think it could be heading that way...
Thank you, and the same goes for you xx I hope you find a way to deal with this -- think if it this way, at least you don't overlap on the airplane seat 😉

Brooklyn Beckham is such a Joe Bloggs. Wouldn't say he's the epitome of a hot guy tbh.
I think Brooklyn beckham's kinda hot 😉😉
Original post by Anonymous
looks-wise. I'm attractive facially but I really hate my body. I have small boobs and really big thighs and a big stomach. I don't even have a nice bum :frown: my personality is great apart from how self-conscious I am. We talk really easily and we click well but he has a really great body and mine is just awful :frown: I'm much thicker than him.

If he likes you then he likes you!

I'm not after a perfect women, I like women with nice face and slightly chubby belles lol.

Don't worry about it, no-one is perfect, they will have the odd thing her and their. I have too and the women I've dated.
I think Brooklyn beckham's kinda hot 😉😉

Kind of but no one would put him on any pedestal of attractiveness I'd say both of his parents were more attractive in their prime.
Original post by Anonymous
I met a really cool guy a few weeks ago. We talk by text all the time and when we meet in person we always click really well. There are feelings there on both sides.

Thing is I hate my looks so much- he's way out of my league. He still continues to go on dates and stuff so I know that it doesn't bother him enough to stop seeing me but the idea of having sex with him and him seeing my body makes me hugely self-conscious. I'm just so scared he'll see my body and not be attracted to me. It's quite irrational because he's obviously touched it and stuff before but he's never seen the parts I hate the most.

It's making me not want to sleep with him, which I think was unofficially on the table for Saturday- what should I do?

Thinking in terms of "leagues" is automatically going to make you insecure. It's a flawed system, you're either going to find someone attractive or you aren't.

I've never heard a guy say he was disappointed when he saw a girl naked. You should realise most people feel the same way you do, young girls especially, you tend to be hyper critical of your own bodies. He knows, pretty much, what you're going to look like. He knows you don't have big curves, it's probably not a big deal to him. You say you've got a pretty face, that's definitely usually the priority.

If you feel this bad you probably shouldn't just have sex right away, as you won't enjoy it. Maybe just build up to it a bit, like take your top off, but not your bottoms? I seriously think you should stick with him, because getting positive feedback about your body from him will probably be good for your self esteem.
I've been on both ends of the stick, my first time was with a girl that I thought was out of my league and wouldn't have liked my skinny body, but we ended up having sex on several occasions. More recently, I was planning a hookup with a girl I knew from school and she sounds like yourself, very pretty facially but she seemed apprehensive about it because according to her I was super hot and my body was great and she was embarrased because she apparently had this unsightly scar from an op and she has small boobs. Turns out the scar wasn't unsightly at all, very small, and her boobs were fine, so she was just being paranoid.
Take my mad fat diary, taken right out of a girls real diary. When Rae says "he's a 11, and I'm a 4.5 at most"
Just think to yourself, together, you're a 15.5!! That's good
Stop thinking about how YOU look, and instead focus on the thought that YOU get to have sex with a hot guy. Think about how that's good for you and don't worry about what you look like.
Thank you, and the same goes for you xx I hope you find a way to deal with this -- think if it this way, at least you don't overlap on the airplane seat 😉

They actually do! I'm size 20 on the bottom, size 16 on top because I have no boobs :tongue:
At least your not a midgit with slightly large boobs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending