The Student Room Group

predictions lower than entry requirement

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by superdarklord
I know I know, it's ridiculous. Two of my friends who got As in further maths got predicted a B and a C. The fact teachers won't even discuss it is like :confused: they obviously don't want us going to uni.

Yeah I've asked my tutor to put it in my reference. Hopefully that won't be in vain but it looks like I'll be having to take a gap year :frown:

my predictions mean that i will probably take a gap year even though i dont want to :bawling:

but are they even allowed to predict lower?? thats horrible
maybe team up with people who also feel wronged and file a complaint or even send a head teacher a letter? hope all goes well and you get the offers you deserve! :smile:
Original post by blackjack21
my predictions mean that i will probably take a gap year even though i dont want to :bawling:

but are they even allowed to predict lower?? thats horrible
maybe team up with people who also feel wronged and file a complaint or even send a head teacher a letter? hope all goes well and you get the offers you deserve! :smile:

I feel like we're in the same position! The thing is, surely universities expect the schools to over predict grades, not under predict. Therefore accounting in how every else's predictions are likely to be perhaps overinflated, we're at such a disadvantage.

We've all spoken to the head of maths, he's the one who predicted grades and nothing much seems to be happening. Nothing is going to change but thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending