The Student Room Group

The LNAT?

I've just started IB1(Year 12) and I found out that I'm going to need to do the LNAT. I was wondering if anyone who has done it could tell me about it. Is it very difficult? When should I start studying for it? Are there any specific things I should be doing to help me?
Original post by leenasm
I've just started IB1(Year 12) and I found out that I'm going to need to do the LNAT. I was wondering if anyone who has done it could tell me about it. Is it very difficult? When should I start studying for it? Are there any specific things I should be doing to help me?

I did mine on Thursday and to be honest the best thing you can do is make yourself familiar with the test format by using the resources on the LNAT website. I wouldn't bother wasting money on books because I don't think they really helped me at all - they mainly said exactly what the downloadable LNAT guide says from the website!

Also just make sure you're comfortable reading complex articles and be able to decipher assumptions and arguments. In terms of the essay, aslong as you're up to date with current affairs (particularly ethics/law based issues) then you'll be fine. No specific knowledge is needed but it helps to know new developments as they're usually what the essays are based on.

Hope this helps - good luck and don't fret too much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending