The Student Room Group

Not sure if I will even receive a conditional for university, need some advice.

Basically, I sat my SQA higher's this year and done very poorly, and achieved way below what I think and my teachers think I am capable of. I sat Higher physics, higher chemistry, higher maths and higher English, I was very last minute with studying and very much failed to prepare. I only managed to achieve a B at English, two D's at physics and chemistry and a no award at maths, given the maths was an extremely difficult paper, and most of the people in my year faced the same result. My whole aspirations throughout school was to go to Uni, and it still is, but with these results I'm not sure if I will even receive an conditional, which I badly need and want. Any advice on whether you think I may still have a high chance of receiving conditional offers from Uni's, I'm sitting Physics, Chemistry and Maths again this year at higher level and sitting English at Advanced higher level. I've been predicted A/B's on all of these subjects, I am extremely worried that I will simply be rejected for my poor results, Thanks.
Reply 1
anyone?
Just apply anyway, if you don't get any offers then figure out what you're going to do then.

I'm pretty sure they focus more on the predicted grades anyway
Yeah, they do rely a lot on predicted grades. It is always worth applying to one or two universities with a low entry requirement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending