The Student Room Group

London (Kings Cross) to University of Hertfordshire

So I live in London and I live about 10 mins away from Kings Cross.
I'm considering University of Hertfordshire as one of my choices but I'm concerned about travel.

I'm not really eager on the idea of living outside London (don't criticise me lol)

Is it really realistic for a student from London to be travelling all the way to Hertfordshire for uni? I hear that a journey there to London will only take 20 mins but I'm not sure if it'll be the same from London to Hertfordshire.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi there!

I went to Herts Open Day about a month ago and I found the train journey totally manageable. Not only is it a fairly regular train, but some of the countryside around Hatfield is beautiful too. It takes about the same amount of time on the way back. The bus connection from the train station was pretty ace aswell (not sure if it was just because of the open day so hopefully somebody can clarify that for you).

If you've already got accomodation in London it might be quite valuable to make the journey to university. Although halls are great for the first year, it can get fairly expensive- I know the accomodation on Herts' campus aren't the cheapest.

Good luck with making your choices!
Reply 2
Original post by LisieMae
Hi there!

I went to Herts Open Day about a month ago and I found the train journey totally manageable. Not only is it a fairly regular train, but some of the countryside around Hatfield is beautiful too. It takes about the same amount of time on the way back. The bus connection from the train station was pretty ace aswell (not sure if it was just because of the open day so hopefully somebody can clarify that for you).

If you've already got accomodation in London it might be quite valuable to make the journey to university. Although halls are great for the first year, it can get fairly expensive- I know the accomodation on Herts' campus aren't the cheapest.

Good luck with making your choices!

Thanks! Still quite unsure about it.
I won't have such a great social life if I'll be living in London the whole time I was studying there.

Quick Reply

Latest