The Student Room Group

Year 10 Work Experience

Hi!
If I've done any of this wrong, I apologise in advance; I'm only just getting to grips with this type of platform.
Anyway, I've got to hand my work experience application form in to school in about 10 days and I can't find anywhere to go! I've spent a week waiting for an email to come through from a Radio Station, to have to find out from another source that they can't accept any due to low staff.
I'm interested in a career in the media or writing, any ideas where I can go and will get quick replies?
Hi!

Instead of emailing you should try calling some places up!
You can try places like the BBC or other large media organisations. If not why don't you ask someone from school to help, such as a teacher. When I was going for my year 10 experience we had teachers offering to help find us placements based on our interests, if your school offers the same id advice you to make use of that as they'd know who to contact.

Good luck!
Original post by esraakdag
Hi!

Instead of emailing you should try calling some places up!
You can try places like the BBC or other large media organisations. If not why don't you ask someone from school to help, such as a teacher. When I was going for my year 10 experience we had teachers offering to help find us placements based on our interests, if your school offers the same id advice you to make use of that as they'd know who to contact.

Good luck!

Thanks for the help, I'll definitely try some of these tonight. I did ask in school, but ours work experience advisors are those type of teachers that hate children, so they aren't much help. The fact that I can't catch and they're PE teachers doesn't help me either aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending