The Student Room Group

Merkel and Junker invited the enemy to our doorstep, they should be held to account!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gears265
Where did I suggest such policy?
They should have not invited everyone to come to Europe freely and unlawfully

Ummm - I don't think they were handed a Golden Ticket. I think they just came. You know, by inflatable boat, by foot - that sort of thing. Immigration is like that. It doesn't matter what you do or don't do. If people are on the move, they will get to where ever they feel they have the best chance.

Just look at the US and its 9 million or so illegals. And they have the equivalent of a 200ft wall between the US and Mexico. Doesn't make much difference.

So rather than making cheap political points, the question isn't how to stop them, but what to do with them when they arrive... and they will arrive. They are arriving all the time.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by ByEeek
Ummm - I don't think they were handed a Golden Ticket. I think they just came. You know, by inflatable boat, by foot - that sort of thing. Immigration is like that. It doesn't matter what you do or don't do. If people are on the move, they will get to where ever they feel they have the best chance.

Just look at the US and its 9 million or so illegals. And they have the equivalent of a 200ft wall between the US and Mexico. Doesn't make much difference.

So rather than making cheap political points, the question isn't how to stop them, but what to do with them when they arrive... and they will arrive. They are arriving all the time.

If I remember correctly Austrailia stopped bringing people from the waters to their country and in no time the boats stopped. A real life example right there.

Hungary have already made the right move, there needs to be a stronger stance on border controls. It would at least filter the migrants into a smaller space that can be regulated and controlled. We must not forget it is a tiny strip of land that connects Turkey to Europe. Block it off and that will help for a start.
Reply 22
Angela Merkel and Jean Claude Junker opened the doors to Europe, gave access to the world, to anyone, including our enemies.

They invited the enemy to our doorsteps and so should be held in the eyes of the law for their actions

If she has any sense she should resign, she made a grave error of judgment and France paid the price!

Pic Related
If I remember correctly Austrailia stopped bringing people from the waters to their country and in no time the boats stopped. A real life example right there.

I would beg to differ.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-31827074

Hungary have already made the right move, there needs to be a stronger stance on border controls. It would at least filter the migrants into a smaller space that can be regulated and controlled. We must not forget it is a tiny strip of land that connects Turkey to Europe. Block it off and that will help for a start.

All Hungary have done is push the problem elsewhere. If everyone does the same, we will all be back in the same boat. They will come my friend. Unless you are prepared to stand on a wall and shoot them as they arrive, there is little we can do about it in the short term.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Arm them and tell them to fight for their own homeland.

But their own homeland is well and truely f'ed
Reply 26
Original post by sw651
If she has any sense she should resign, she made a grave error of judgment and France paid the price!

I doubt it, she still has 50% approval ratings in Germany. Once again for the nth time Germany as a whole are our enemy. Why we thought a political union with Germany of all countries was going to work was beyond me. They are either fascist or Marxist, there is no middle ground, they just jump between the ideologies
Reply 27
I doubt it, she still has 50% approval ratings in Germany. Once again for the nth time Germany as a whole are our enemy. Why we thought a political union with Germany of all countries was going to work was beyond me. They are either fascist or Marxist, there is no middle ground, they just jump between the ideologies

How can she still have respect after that! And it was much more that we needed unity with Germany after the war, we should've kept it as foreign territory.
Original post by Howard
I'd say that Merkel's days are numbered. She is still the most powerful woman in Europe but will soon be replaced by Marine Le Pen.

Original post by sw651
How can she still have respect after that! And it was much more that we needed unity with Germany after the war, we should've kept it as foreign territory.

I wouldn't say so. After the Paris incidents and the prevention of a possible attack in Hannover yesterday, she is getting more and more support now. This is very common when countries experience a threat and do something about it.
Have you heard this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06np61x

It is about the illegal trafficking trade for migrants with money into the UK. It is run by a maffia. They offer what they call a diamond service that guarantees to get you into the UK for a price.
Germany can have whoever they want as their leader, that's not our problem. The problem is, as has happened before, german leaders don't seem to understand that other countries aren't their own personal playthings. Merkel and her lot of political loons can put germany through whatever strange political crap they want. Just please keep the rest of europe out of it.

Oh dear. At this point I leave. WTF are you talking about?

When I was about 13 I wrote an essay once about how we should send in some air strikes against the IRA. On reflection I was so far away from reality but that was ignorance and naivety playing its part in my immature mind. Are you my 13 year old self?
Reply 32
Original post by ByEeek
I would beg to differ.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-31827074

All Hungary have done is push the problem elsewhere. If everyone does the same, we will all be back in the same boat. They will come my friend. Unless you are prepared to stand on a wall and shoot them as they arrive, there is little we can do about it in the short term.

You beg to differ? You do realise the number of migrants arriving illegally dropped from 100s of thousands to near zero because they imposed the "stop the boats" policy? It worked. You showing me an island miles from Austrailia where migrants have been redirected means nothing. The point stands. Austrailia put a halt to the uncontrolled illegal migration.

There is very much we can do. You are right we can not stop ALL of them but we can stop a large number coming and at least establish a controlled route of migration so they can be forced into processing camps which at the moment they fail to comply with. By breaking off the easy routes one by one, you reduce the number coming. Your Method is do nothing and let them come (we don't know who they are or what their intentions are). At least I propose we cut off the easy methods of entry.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Her ratings still remain above 50% even with the latest events, that is impressive and shows the Germans are right behind her, as usual they are nothing but damaging to Europe. And the worse thing of all, Junker is their right hand man giving them un-proportional control of the EU, they cannot be beaten from within the EU that is for sure. It only takes one prime member state to leave to intensify the decline of the EU and what a site that would be.

It's true, Germans always f*** Europe up, left and right (literally)
You beg to differ? You do realise the number of migrants arriving illegally dropped from 100s of thousands to near zero because they imposed the "stop the boats" policy? It worked. You showing me an island miles from Austrailia where migrants have been redirected means nothing. The point stands. Austrailia put a halt to the uncontrolled illegal migration.

I don't think we can compare Australia, an island continent with the EU. And the result of Australia's policy is that it has created new human rights abuses which in turn outrages the people caught up by it and then they become radicalised and then suddenly someone gets a gun, goes into a cafe and blows everyone's face off.

There is very much we can do. You are right we can not stop ALL of them but we can stop a large number coming and at least establish a controlled route of migration so they can be forced into processing camps which at the moment they fail to comply with. By breaking off the easy routes one by one, you reduce the number coming. Your Method is do nothing and let them come (we don't know who they are or what their intentions are). At least I propose we cut off the easy methods of entry.

We have already done this. The result is called Calais where the number of migrants is not up to about 6000. When that becomes 100,000 or 500,000 what happens next? Seriously? What do you do?
Reply 35
Original post by ByEeek
I don't think we can compare Australia, an island continent with the EU. And the result of Australia's policy is that it has created new human rights abuses which in turn outrages the people caught up by it and then they become radicalised and then suddenly someone gets a gun, goes into a cafe and blows everyone's face off.

We have already done this. The result is called Calais where the number of migrants is not up to about 6000. When that becomes 100,000 or 500,000 what happens next? Seriously? What do you do?

But would you at least agree 500,000 over the space of years is better than over the space of months?

I believe it would curb migration somewhat, you believe it won't but one thing we can both agree on it is would present more control, order and law with a managable number entering instead of the opposite. The more you limit the capabilities to enter the EU the more you make time to appropriately accommodate them
Original post by hellodave5
But their own homeland is well and truely f'ed

It is my considered opinion that a country in the midst of civil war will only sort itself out when it's own people sort themselves out.

Running away from a problem seierated the belligerents but keeps the unease alive and well.
Where did I suggest such policy?

They should have not invited everyone to come to Europe freely and unlawfully

It was kindergarten politics, the type you expect from the student union

You make a statement and provide no elaboration on it. Pathetic.

Germany and Junker opened the doors of Europe, your failure to acknowledge it is naive at best. Going on national TV and saying you will accept millions without conversing with all the nations that will be affected is inconsiderate and a disgrace.

I take it you are a Europhile? Majority of Europe know Germany dictates EU policy. The shady back room deals to propel Junker into the presidency were exposed by the media. In fact Germany got the top position in his cabinet. Germany has the highest proportion of influence on EU policy, get out your cave and see it for what it is.

Who are you to dictate public opinion? When was the referendum? When was the EU-wide poll? In fact when were any of us asked? The opinion of the German public in your eyes are placed higher than the opinions of the rest of the public across the EU. The people of France, Hungary, Slovakia, Croatia, Slovenia, Greece, Cyprus and countless others have suffered more due to Germany's irrational policy.

What a tirade response to the fact of what happened.

And yea I'm a Europhile, so funny. I'm an ex UKIP member who was asked to stand in one of their parliamentary seats in May.

You are so extreme even people like me are a Europhile to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MatureStudent36
It is my considered opinion that a country in the midst of civil war will only sort itself out when it's own people sort themselves out.

Running away from a problem seierated the belligerents but keeps the unease alive and well.

Yep, it's basically like the population of the U.K. Moving to the USA during the Second World War and saying sod it you win.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by paul514
What a tirade response to the fact of what happened.

And yea I'm a Europhile, so funny. I'm an ex UKIP member who was asked to stand in one of their parliamentary seats in May.

You are so extreme even people like me are a Europhile to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least address my points before you make a conclusion. Start with the fact Germany has an un-proportionate amount of power in the EU (why does everyone seek Merkel's permission for anything?), I don't remember getting a chance to vote her as my leader. What about the fact Germany enforced a policy that affected everyone in the EU and Europe without even giving the people of Europe a referendum or say?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending