The Student Room Group

A guy who automatically want to get with you just based on how you look worth it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OU Student
I've met a few guys like this and I don't think they're worth my time really. If I like a guy, it's a mix of looks and his personality.

Yes but I'm not going to talk to someone just because they look good.
Original post by xobeauty
I never trusted guys who want to talk to you just based on how you look. They want to get with you without even having a conversation with you first. Do you think these guys are worth it?

This guy I'm talking about is cousins with MY cousins husband so it's not just a random guy on the street. but still id like to know, why would a guy want to talk to you without it being casual and go with the flow kind of thing?

Feel me or I'm making no sense?

Sounds one step away from an arranged marriage.

No, guys who are this unsubtle in approaching are normally Neanderthal morons. Keep away.
Original post by Jebedee
Because the other alternative is approaching women we don't find attractive. They might turn out to be wonderful people but if one isn't attracted to them then what do you hope we will achieve by doing this?

Attractiveness is the quickest criteria we can determine so it makes sense for it to be prioritised accordingly.

Yeah, because god forbid you should ever talk to a female for any other reason other than trying to stick your penis in them.

Are you REALLY this shallow in real life? You sound like you're 14 years old.
Original post by cole-slaw
Yeah, because god forbid you should ever talk to a female for any other reason other than trying to stick your penis in them.

There are a couple replies here that gave me major side eye.
There are a couple replies here that gave me major side eye.

The forum used to be like 90% university students and you were guaranteed a sensible discussion. Now its been overrun with 14 year olds and the quality of the discussion has sunk to the level of the playground.

For some reason the CT have encouraged this. I've no idea why, its destroyed TSR's USP and heavily eroded its value as a website. Incompetent management. They'd be better off spinning the teenage members off into another site.
Yes but I'm not going to talk to someone just because they look good.

If you find a guy attractive, I imagine you'd want to talk to him, take things further etc. If you found him repulsively ugly, then you wouldn't, let's be honest.

Nothing wrong with that. It's how the world works.
Reply 26
I put interests before looks, I'm not one of those plebs who hits on any girl who looks attractive.
If you don't have the same interest(s) as me I don't talk to you.

What are you talking about? OP is clearly talking about approaches with the intention of taking things further. If we aren't then yeah I do it all the time especially when I need the time or to check when the next bus is turning up.
Nice strawman attempt though.
Original post by Jebedee
What are you talking about? OP is clearly talking about approaches with the intention of taking things further. If we aren't then yeah I do it all the time especially when I need the time or to check when the next bus is turning up.
Nice strawman attempt though.

That's the point - she's complaining about guys like you who never talk to women for any other reason than to try and **** them

You literally said
"what do you hope we will achieve by [approaching unattractive women]?"

Can you honestly not think of a single reason to talk to a woman you aren't actively trying to ****?
Original post by Chief Wiggum
If you find a guy attractive, I imagine you'd want to talk to him, take things further etc. If you found him repulsively ugly, then you wouldn't, let's be honest.

Nothing wrong with that. It's how the world works.

I read this in chief wiggums voice
Original post by Anonymous
Lol the vast majority of men and women will base things on physical attraction, and nothing wrong with that.

Exactly.

Men adn women do this, if the personality isnt right, then obviously the relationship wont work.
You can't judge someone's personality if you don't know them. The only thing both guys and girls have to go on if they don't know someone is their looks. Thus, you will be approached by people who find you attractive and want to get to know you. There is literally nothing wrong with that. Besides I don't see why some girls act so high and mighty that they don't judge on appearance, when they clearly do. They just don't like to be judged, and would rather do the judging.
I never trusted guys who want to talk to you just based on how you look. They want to get with you without even having a conversation with you first. Do you think these guys are worth it?

This guy I'm talking about is cousins with MY cousins husband so it's not just a random guy on the street. but still id like to know, why would a guy want to talk to you without it being casual and go with the flow kind of thing?

Feel me or I'm making no sense?

Then you will reject everyone you meet.

All people do this because we judge people based on there appearence when we don't know said person. We all do it, and anyone who say's otherwise is a liar.

Of course looks draw you in, but what makes someone stay is you as a person. Looks are just a stepping stone, but you need that stepping stone to begin with if you hope to foster a relationship. Physical attractivness is a required just as much as personality.
(edited 8 years ago)
I never trusted guys who want to talk to you just based on how you look.

Original post by TorpidPhil
What other basis would thye have for talking to you?

Smell. I always go around sniffing women to determine their genetic compatibility. Then I whisper into their ear:

"Hey babe, you got a sweet major histomcompatibility complex. Wanna bone?"
I don't think you make sense lol. I like to talk to girls who i dont know due to them being attractive, this doesn't necessarily mean I want to sleep with her. It's attraction that draws you to women. Now if her personality is nice and we click, great some potential. However if we don't then ill leave it.

If I Know A Girl Who Has A nice personality I would want to talk to her because of this. The bottom line is personality should match.

The guys you talk about seem like players but are shallow due to only wanting girls because of their looks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's the point - she's complaining about guys like you who never talk to women for any other reason than to try and **** them

You literally said
"what do you hope we will achieve by [approaching unattractive women]?"

Can you honestly not think of a single reason to talk to a woman you aren't actively trying to ****?

The implication is with the intent of intimacy whether it be sex OR relationship. I swear you just troll this forum waiting for a strawman opportunity to justify your bleak existence.
Original post by Jebedee
The implication is with the intent of intimacy whether it be sex OR relationship. I swear you just troll this forum waiting for a strawman opportunity to justify your bleak existence.

lol. Nice ad hominem.

I think we've established that you are exactly the type of creepy guy that the OP is complaining about. No wonder you don't "get it". If you got it, you wouldn't be some damn creepy all the time and try to hit on anything in a skirt like some 70's DJ.
And same with the next pretty girl he sees. Guys like this aren't worth your time.

Wait, if this is already your opinion, why even bother with the thread? Undecided or need external validation of views? (not edging, just curious)
Original post by PasserbyA
Wait, if this is already your opinion, why even bother with the thread? Undecided or need external validation of views? (not edging, just curious)

I wanted to see if I was overthinking, and other point of views.
lol. Nice ad hominem.

I think we've established that you are exactly the type of creepy guy that the OP is complaining about. No wonder you don't "get it". If you got it, you wouldn't be some damn creepy all the time and try to hit on anything in a skirt like some 70's DJ.

Stop trying to use PUA lingo. You're really reaching here with yet another strawman. I don't see what would be creepy about making approaches. I guess that fedora and slinging your white knight newspeak gets them approaching you. Super slick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending