The Student Room Group

What are people who study your subject like?

Scroll to see replies

Polymer Materials
- mainly international students (most from china)
- very studious (most aim to pursue a Phd)
- live in their little bubble of materials and laughing randomnly over how they know how a yogurt pot is made
- social skills non-existant
- sleep in the lectures then spend the whole evening reading on polymer chemistry hah
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
When a guy starts quoting Tolstoy and Dickens :coma: If a guy ever did that to me I would do so many things to him :colone:

Nah neither can I. I can't live without books.

Oh my god I'm getting turned on just thinking about it :sexface:

I need to marry and English literature student. It's a life goal.

and me neither, I could kiss my books :colondollar: but I won't because I'm not a freak...orrrr am IIIII? :smug:
Original post by Vionar
same but I've seen enough to know :tongue:

it's the monolinguals using their evil magic to remove our skills

Obviously! :frown:

Idk why people do it though - if someone tells me they're an artist I don't ask them to draw something, likewise if someone does maths I don't ask them to work out a calculation randomly. It's very bizarre.
Far more down to earth than other students at the university, extremely nerdy, prone to hysteria over pictures of cute animals, badly dressed, militant environmentalists. Typical biologists really.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

and me neither, I could kiss my books :colondollar: but I won't because I'm not a freak...orrrr am IIIII? :smug:

*an :colone:

I just need to find a guy I can talk to about books ahhhhh

Nah I'm the same :u:
Reply 25
Original post by Inexorably
Obviously! :frown:

Idk why people do it though - if someone tells me they're an artist I don't ask them to draw something, likewise if someone does maths I don't ask them to work out a calculation randomly. It's very bizarre.

to be fair i would ask an artist to draw something cool, or draw me :tongue: but still, you could literally say something gibberish or quite offensive and they'd be like 'ooooh that's so cool!'
Original post by Vionar
to be fair i would ask an artist to draw something cool, or draw me :tongue: but still, you could literally say something gibberish or quite offensive and they'd be like 'ooooh that's so cool!'

Just make a german sounding sentence, good plan :tongue:
--
For my other subjects,

Philosophy:

- Everyone is a total weirdo, myself included.
- Some people are somehow very stupid that I do question why they chose philosophy
- Chronically immature

Sociology:

- Everyone is lazy af
I want to study maths but
Apparently they are regarded as nerds?
Original post by Student403
Yeah hahaha except we're not East Asian, we're South East Asian ;D And yep doing them in January!

That's coz you're Spoderman and Spoderman is awesome

Are you international?

If so do you find that your board is harder than regular a levels i.e. edexcel etc.
Original post by Mystery.
I want to study maths but
Apparently they are regarded as nerds?

And that's a bad thing why? Be nerdy and be proud <3
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
Are you international?

If so do you find that your board is harder than regular a levels i.e. edexcel etc.

No I live abroad but I do normal A level Edexcel Maths, Further Maths etc. :smile:
ICT - quiet nerds
Maths - asians
Film - liberal scum
Philosophy grads/students:

- Mostly laid back and chilled
- Level-headed
- Over-analytical
- Lots of them seem to be genuinely funny
- Thoughtful
- Some can be at the opposite end of the spectrum though and they're just argumentative and like to be right about everything

Biology students:

- Kinda geeky
- Genuine
- Logical
- Attentive to detail
- Inquisitive
Original post by SeanFM
Maths -
30%, maybe 20% girls.
- Introverted
- very small friendship groups in Maths - 2 or 3 people per group scattered around the hall
- play some kind of online game or card game.
- Single :colondollar: :cry2:
- Little to no common sense

Ahhh love it.

Except for us in FM it's 0% girls xD
When a guy starts quoting Tolstoy and Dickens :coma: If a guy ever did that to me I would do so many things to him :colone:

Nah neither can I. I can't live without books.

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

Evening, ladies. Since you're looking for a gentleman with a good knowledge of books, I would like you to know that I have read 'The Hungry Caterpillar' many times during my youth.

And as Tolstoy once said "All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way".
I don't know what the old git is on about there, but hopefully that turns you on.
Ahhh love it.

Except for us in FM it's 0% girls xD

:facepalm: we lost the game before it even started.

Part Three, XVAt eight o'clock Kutuzov rode to Pratz at the head of Miloradovich's fourth column, the one which was to take the place of the columns of Przebyszewski and Langeron, which had already gone down. He greeted the men of the head regiment and gave the order to move, thus showing that he intended to lead the column himself. Having ridden to the village of Pratz, he halted. Prince Andrei, one of the enormous number of persons constituting the
Uncle Scrooge had imperceptibly become so gay and light of heart ... and he and the Spirit were again upon their travels.Much they saw, and far they went, and many homes they visited, but always with a happy end. The Spirit stood beside sick beds, and they were cheerful; on foreign lands, and they were close at home; by struggling men, and they were patient in their greater hope; by poverty, and it was rich. In almshouse, hospital, and jail, in misery’s every refuge, where vain man in his little brief authority had not made fast the door and barred the Spirit out, he left his blessing, and taught Scrooge his precepts.It was a long night, if it were only a night; but Scrooge had his doubts of this, because the Christmas Holidays appeared to be
can we f*** now? :smile:
And that's a bad thing why? Be nerdy and be proud <3

When did I say that was a bad thing?
Lol, I love it- xD
Original post by SeanFM
:facepalm: we lost the game before it even started.

LOL xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending